.who am i this thing inside
to dare to show this thing i hide
this mask i wear to hide my face
should break and show my one true self
all that was or ever will be wore apon my heart
hidden for truth’s mere sight to search beyond
perhaps a glimpse
perhaps a glance
should none know
should none care
the truth is still there
wanting..... waiting ....if you are still there
all that is known is a shadow of the past
forgotten to time as if dust in ages long past
my heart still beats, merely as a dieing ember
to wait for the answer in the wind to my final dream
who am i................
Well another valentines day has come and gone and i feel like the odd person out. Frankly its a little old by now but then again who knows from one day to the next. On some levels i know what it is like to be kin " you got to be like this, or you can't do that, and of course my personal favorite Your evil". In my experience judging people based off of media hype and horror stories merely shows a lack of intelligence. I always give a person a chance regardless of who they are or what beliefs they follow "even if i may not believe their beliefs". Yet ironically i have a hard time getting others to do the same at least with the mundane society. I suppose it is why i get along with most Kin. I guess i should get involved with a hybrid girl lol, Oh well maybe next year it will not be a repeat. Well have fun wherever you are and Lilith watch over you. :)
I've begun doing more research and putting together a book for myself. It will contain pertinent information and such.
As I've started this book, the gods have been throwing challenges my way. Things are becoming more difficult for me, but I shall prevail. I will overcome these tests and be stronger for it. I deny myself the possibility of failure. I haven't fed in months, I have lost my sense of internal balance, and I have cut myself off from all my past donors. I will not let these things stop me. I will continue on and finish my book. I will break the habit of binging and such. I will stand strong and succeed.
As per my norm i usually will not talk too much because of a simple rule "Better to have people think you are stupid than open my mouth and prove them right" lol. But back on point i am a donor and deal with certain magicks hehe, And to that affect i usually use it to help out others unless you hurt another then its another story. Some of my friends believe me to be kin of some form " i really do not know why" , But truth be known they are more knowledgeable about matters of this nature than i. If i am then i should start paying attention because many of the Sanguinarians i know have many health problems and i imaging that could be universal, Then again who am i to say. If on the other hand i am not kin then its nothing big to me. One of the things about the sangs i have encountered is they have all been really nice " Then again i am a donor LMAO and apparently i taste good".
As far as my beliefs go yes i do follow the left hand path and i am very fond of Mother Lilith and Astaroth. No i do not kill people and most blood magick only requires a very small amount and always from a willing person. Beyond that information it gets very detailed and i am sure you have far better things to do than sit here for hours reading all of that lol. Darkest Blessings to all and may Lilith watch over you all
My partner just left to move away for his new job. the moment he closed the car door i felt a part of my self being riped away. my hands begain to tremble my lips began to tingle before going numb all breath escaped my lips and i laid down wanting to die. no more energy no more blood no more life line. two losses in one day is to much to handle. i have been weak for so long how can i possibly survive with out him now.......................
After a year of illness after illness, I'm getting close to normal, well for me anyway. I am anxiously wanting to get to know everyone again and work with the Temple. I have held a special place in my prayers for JP and this community, and I am excited to be able to engage in discussion and ritual with you all.
I hope we will have a fulfilling working relationship.
February 2nd 2010
Question for the day "How did a Jewish carpenter get a Mexican name? JESUS?"
Everyone has heard of the shower meditation and balancing spell. What I do is get in the shower clean myself and everything, and just let the water run down me. I take pure hot showers, as the hot water feels good against my skin and helps melts away all the stress I endure during the day.
1. Get the water as hot as you can stand it without burning yourself. Easy to just stand under the water and let your body adjust to the temperature change.
2. Let the water run down your body from your head to your toes. Focus on every stream running down all areas of your body. Your neck, arms, chest, legs, nose, ears, thighs, everything.
3. Tilt your head back a little and rotate your head in small circles. As you are doing so envision white energy circling the opposite way. After you feel "loose" change directions and this time envision gold energy moving the opposite way as well.
4. Lower your head and while you are doing show have the gold and white circle opposite directions down and up your body for as long as you desire. By now you should be a little more relaxed and may feel a little light head. It is fine to prop your self up against the chower or even sit down in the tub and let the water beat down on you.
5. After you have felt a release in any negative energy, or if you feel like you have accomplished what you have setout to do with this meditation, than inhale the energy that was floating around you and let it do its magick by relaxing you from the inside out.
6. Turn your water off and either air dry or pat yourself dry. To continue the slight high that you may have I recommend that you lay down in the bed for a nice nap, or if you can not sleep make yourself a nice cup of tea..chamomille or blueberry tea perfferably sweetened with honey and mint...and just relax. You may end up falling asleep afterwards, if not continue on with your day. This is meditation can be done everyday, every week or only under extreme bouts of stress..it is all up to you.
(c) Reverend Keona
Is becoming more and mroe evident. And I mean in a group setting. You have so many of those with like mind that will always look for fame and recoginiton than bringing awareness to us all. We have to get the hell out of that mentality of my group is better than yours, and what I say about your group is true based on the many decades of years of information that I hav gathered from other resoures. So you are an idiot because you didin't read this book yet I and my circle have. What sense does that make? All it is, is ignorance.
In every Religion the principles that we adhere to our try to adhere to was passed down form the leader or prophet to the masses. Over time it has changed. That is why we have so many sects of a few Religion. Everyone decided that what they see was not what the others see, so they gathered those that did believe the same they did and broke off. There is no one true Religion. Every Religion is based on that particular person's point of view and how they see it.
Now what can we do. We can learn from one another, we can cross traine, we can understand, and we can agree to disagree. We do not have to be assholes about it, by making ourselves look fucking stupid. nd that is always the case. I have 20 years of living it and practicing it. But i will ot tell anyone who is right and who is wrong. I have my opinions and that is all. I can always quote plenty of people with tons of letters behind their name but what do we exactly know about them. We aligned ourselves, and get our sources form those who see the exact same way we do. Have we ever tried to see another's viewpoint and agreed to disagree in a deecent setting. No. We jump out there like dummies and try to call others the same, when we just clearly helped them prove their point against us.
Wtih any Faith there are radicals that make us all take a step back. They think they are speaking for the majority when in all actuality they are only speaking for themselves. Leave us out of your manical thinking. Specifically name those who think the way you do, that way when you jump out there with some ignorance we know exactly who the idoits are. Or who the ones who have common sense are.
You may think it is cool putting people in a box. It isn't. You just gave people the ammo to shut us down and prove how ignorant the Faith is.
And as the most of us should put down...THIS IS MY OPINION AND MINES ONLY.
There is always something new that comes across my palette. whether it is others having people attack me because of their own insecurities, or if it is having to defend my position on how and what my body feels and how it reacts. I swear it is always another day that goes by that something is questioned about me. Has anyone every guessed that it has been that I am growing closer to my spiritual side. That I am evolving so you may not recognize me. Apparently not.
I have come not to care what people think or say. I have been on this planet for almost 30 years now and I still have a lot to learn and conquer within myself. So I choose not to have those close to me matter about my everyday life and my thought. I know exactly what I am here for.
Everyone thinks they know what is good for their area, when in all honesty they are nothing but dick-tators and those who can only have power behind a keyboard. For those who know me personally, they know that my keyboarding, my phone and my physical appearance is the same. I am a very aggressive hot-headed woman and give a damn about who likes it or not. There is no difference with me. It takes too much time to have so many personalities and it is pointless. You either be you are be like fuck it and keep it moving.
People will never matter to me. Especially those who try to ego bump with everyone and those who are to pussy to step out and hold their nuts. It does not matter if it is fe/male I speak of. Yu either a pussy or you are not. You either hold your own, or get the hell out of my way. I careless about how people take this. You have no direct correlation to my well-being. For those who may come across this in employment sectors, oh well. This is a personal blog and I keep my private life just that, private. For people to base what they read solely on how they view a person is just plain idiotic. Trust me, have the people in these high yielding positions wouldn't be where they are if we really knew what they were like on their off time.
I enjoy my position and I enjoy helping and teaching people. I enjoy looking and feeling my best, and if the only thing you can do is attack me based on what you were told by a person who means nothing in my eyes, makes you worthless.
I will always be better than those who try to shoot me down. I will always have better luck than you, a better life than you , and a better existence than you. Why? Because I am just better than you. I can be humble with it, but I choose not to at this moment. Just like I had to say before, DO NOT EVER TAKE MY KINDNESS OR MY QUIETNESS FOR WEAKNESS! You will get fucked up in the process of doubting me.
Pathetic people are those who have nothing to live for. Their life is in shambles, and they take up this bully persona in one aspect of their life that only they can control. The WEB! Those who know me, knows I gives a fuck about how you feel. If you can wo/man up than fuck it. If I give you time to get shit done and to receive shit, do not put me on your schedule. I have a life just like you do. Apparently you must not have decided it was worth your time to communicate with me in order to be a better person. In order to have what you need. But do not go and try to cut me down, as you have just started a losing battle. One you will never in your life, or next hope to win.
You can chest bump all you want, you can complain and nag all you want. But when we meet in person, face to face, we will have our time. Your jaw will be cracked. I will cut your 6' ass down to size. I will knock your big ass to the floor and there will be no mercy. Big things come in little packages.
So if you think you are man enough to act on your shit. Than do it. Jump. I dare you to. Let me catch you. Let me show you how it is supposed to be done. Let me show you what a real Yankee ass whooping is, and the proper way to deliver one. Take notes by all means.
love means I'll wait for you
love means I am lonely for you
love means I have my heart on my sleeve
love means I miss you
love means I hear your sweet words
love means I'll never leave you
love means I cry a river of tears
love means I'll feel your pain
love means I'll comfort you
love means you are sacred to me
love means I'll die for you
love means I see into your soul
love means I need you
love means you keep me warm at night
love means you are the only one
who will have my heart....
Well, just as before, my former sire tried to screw with me last night. But, I am through caring when she acts like something she got herself into is bothering her. She was warned before it happened, and she dumped me because she didn't need me anymore. So, I say that from now own, if her life isn't in danger, fuck her. I have my own problems to worry about, like figuring out alone how to live my life as a vampire. She never cared before, and she only will when she needs me.
So, here is to the new me. The one that doesn't care anymore about her, or anyone else. Because when I worry about others, they use it to hurt me. Some people were meant to be alone, and I will be.
Lies about ME, GO FIGURE
Politics, Drama & Vampires Oh My!
by Skylar Cole on Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 11:50am
Lately there have been a lot of things going on in the online vampire community. From someone writing articles under a false name to others spreading spam and fake organizations. I say enough. Why must this go on? I'm relatively new, been around and quiet for several years. I don't claim to be anyone special or fantastic, but I have a right to have my opinions heard.
I first came into the community through a "House in Virginia. This house shall remain nameless throughout this entire editorial. I was invited to Virginia to live. Being a young fool I did so and lived there for several months. While there I read the books of the Strigoi Vii Outer Traditions. Liber Jahira, Bellah, and Calmae. I thought, WOW this is for me. Boy was I wrong. I am legally blind, I say this because it plays a part in my story. I get SSI because I cannot legally work. So what?? So one month my payment was late. I had a gun put to my head because this so called "Lord" and "Keeper of the Veil" was pissed. So I left and made my way to Ohio.
While I was living in VA I ran into a temple located in ohio and was invited up to live with them. This time i did some investigation and found it was safe and sane ^.^ I came to OH and the first day here the"founder" of this temple left me stranded at the bus station. He made excuses and lied. My new best friends and mentors, who shall also remain nameless picked me up and brought me home after staying at the station for a night. So now, two years down the road, we are no long affiliated with this "temple." I wanted to state that for sure because there are allogations going around of myself being a backstabbing lier.
I try to keep my hands free of drama and politics, but this has gone on too long and someone needs to stop it. Drama with a fake charactor shouldn't be permitted among individuals who are trying to better themselves and have intellectual debates and discussions.
Actually it was me who was going to pick him up and Samilyn stated "We should let him deal, its his fault for not calling ahead and making arrangements first" and wanted to leave him stranded. I liked Skylor a lot but Samilyn is a manipulator and took most of my friends away from me. I would like to be his friend but she has a way of controlling people I don't know why they believe her but they do? She almost took my Temple down, she did steal the temple property (land/house) away, and wanted to take the temple from me. Thankfully things are back on track. I have worked my but off for this temple and those in the community as it is all I have after my wife and child. I am a protector and try to be a peace keeper but helping people just seems to hurt me in the end. I guess I will never learn but it is apart of who and what I am. You are free to make your own choices obviously and I respect every one for that no matter what. You wont be the first friend I have lost and Im sure not that last as many hate me because of my spirituality.
This is a collection of quotes that somehow I find myself relating to my own life, my own purpose and my own causes. I am a friend. A sister. A mother. A fellow Kindred. I am who I am and those who do not accept me are not shunned but merely advised to rethink their problems with me as a person, a being, one of them, and to look at themselves in a mirror. By doing this I often find that they soon come to me and speak their mind before parting as a friend. I have problems, we all do. But that doesn't make me any less a person than anyone around me, no matter how great a sinner or saint we happen to be. As long as there is breath in my lungs, and life in my soul, I will continue being who I am. With or without you.
Beloved wishes and darkest blessings.
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine.
[This is on my status...]
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
Begin to be now what you will be hereafter.
Fear cannot be without hope nor hope without fear.
If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.
Hope is a waking dream.
Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy.
Pretty much as the title proclaims. Ive decided to come back from my exceptionally long hiatus :)
Hope to speak with you all soon.
A ray of light shines through the blinds of my window.
Restless, awake and sleepless
Nerve endings firing off
Delicate brain synapse flash behind closed eyes
Television flickers, something arbitrary
I toss uneasy, open my eyes
Watching the cascading light dance on the painted wall
Light crosses the spectrum
And form shapes and colors
Dips and weaves
A shadow creeps
Slowly across the wall
The slow rhythmic hum of the electric fan
Cools antsy skin
The super sensitive skin turned to goose flesh
Momentary frozen hell
A shadow behind closed eyes
The light of the phone creates a shadow
I see it
But my head is heavy
My eyes remain closed
My greedy eyes
I feel the fabric against my face
Warm breath in my ear
A finger tip on my cheek
An arm reaching around my waist
Pulling me close
Fingers finding my own
Filling up the empty spaces in between
Embraced, content and perfect
Light creeping the corners of my eyes open
Adjust the haze
A fully illuminated room
A breeze scented by midday rain
And the space where you lie
Is still warm on that side
You know, I am sure ive poofed from here before on another occasion due to it but I think I am going to have to take a break from the Temple a bit and a lot of my other online pages. I think its time I started to look inside again and start working on my life and actually bettering it this time instead of biding my time waiting and hoping. Life gets hard you have to push back harder and thats what im planning on doing right now. So I apologize to those of you who enjoy having me around for my coming lack of activity. And as for anyone who would like to talk feel free to hit me up on yim or msn when I am available.
See everyone soon.
Living between a rock and a stone.
Other words, Dame if you do and dame if you don't. This is the world I seem to live in these days. As much as I like to think I have control over my life. Something seem to always pop up and let you know that your not in control of your life. In a way we do have control over our life, but because of the system, it make it very hard. Why should we have to live a life that cause us to have to fight for our every day lives. To eat, to breath, To be cloth and housed. Yes I understand the ideal of the rich and the poor. But in reality, there is enough to go around. Nature saw to that. That for sure. Someone ask, Why can't we just get along or why can't there be peace. Ok I'm laughing loud. It's because the system was not design for that. And that has been since the beginning of time, When man was ever made. I'm sorry animals only take what they need for that moment and even to the point of what will take through the hard time. But man, We humans, go far beyond that. And because of that we cause our own madness. How do we truly flow with that? Not! I truly believe there will come a day of rebellion among those who oppose the so called system. We think that we know what madness is. Ha! your not even close. Rather it is in my time or the next. I say Hail! To The Rebellious One! Hail! To the one who stand for Justice. Hail! to those who have been put to a place of being damned I SAY HAIL! I am glad the the power that I truly believe in is not at it fullest peak. Other word woe to my enemy. To those who would see me and my kind suffer, Because they don't care. Well I laugh and say I don't give a dame either because karma is a bitch I say. But it is much more then that. What I say can be taken on so many levels, it is a pity. This is the world that I live in. HA! What a joke! It is sad that the so call system betray it's own. I laugh, Because when they need there own to stand, They will be laugh at. And then you will see the true justest of the universe take place, none will be able to compare. So to those who live between the rock and the stone, I say HAIL!
Sometimes keeping your mouth shut isn't enough. I suggest that you don't save your account details to your computer. Login and logout everytime. I think that doing is one of the top levels of security available to the general population.
when to use magic and when not too. i dont go into too much on my blogs
who i am sometimes and whats in my life , i thought it was time too.
before i go into misuse of magic , i should go into who i am. I am
just going to type it and whether you believe or not is up to you but i
believe who i am , or is it what, laughs.
I am a
realm creature , my insides are not like a humans nor is any my body. I
have the odd moments where my blood comes out orange and rose gold and
then where my face and body change daily. my weight is 220 one day and
next 40lbs more...it is stupid. most days i want to be me and look like
me, i remind me that i am a soul not a body and i need to calm down. I
am a healthy person and i know i can out run you every day. laughs.
of my memories as a child involve me watching myself, some do not. i
do not incarnate i walk from the realm and do an illusion. i am almost
always here in some form sometimes forms. i do not always age but
almost always the longing to live here with , life. My fondest wish is
always to return the magic to the earth realm , return the life, the
color and the joy. I am an ancient , the word for that in the realm is ,
one of them...cherubium. i am a lot angel , fae and nature ...they
call me a serabium. I have very strong odd abilities and tend to get
attacked as a result. I smile and say i will help you make your own
that you can have , can not get eaten that way and still they try to eat
my energy and my body. would you not rather have your own that is
just yours?? why would you want to eat me.
have a lot of pain, it comes and goes. most of it is emotional pain ,
they seem to know i am realm and know how to hit me hard. it is a mixed
up jumble of spells. they put in spells to take my pain , then an
enemy twists it into putting pain in me and puts a soul in it to help
the pain. I am a metaphysical creature made physical that is realm so
the magic mutates and turns into an undead monster. i am so tired of
pain and hurting. tired of being alone and not knowing who to ask for
help to. I seldom really trust anyone, you have not earned it , but i
would try...and maybe should try harder. I hate not being in control
when i am dealing with others and i am right not too, i have complete
strangers attack me in public verbally , evil makes no sense.
am an angel...not like you i am from the realm , my city is
called acamentanteI miss home but when home miss this home, i
want them in one place to ease my mind . when i am remaking
me i loose the ability to see and hear them, i have to rely on blind
faith to know they are here with me and i always do. i can not hear my
beloved angels or fairy sing or see the magic in the air. i can not hug
my children. it hurts. i would not trade this , its my love and my
responsiblity. i dont want to be in the realm dying any more..nor do
the realm creatures . we have come home....believe..laughs my
job is not an easy one....but i am glad it is mine
Aurora Dark Starr
It was a full moon, and I was awake most of the night. I felt a surge of energy, and yet I am still trying to formulate my story. I should try starting smaller or I could just throw everything out there in hopes that I can turn it into a novel. I want to write an erotic, paranormal, steampunk-ish novel, but I don't know where I should begin...argh! I feel I'm failing in this area. Maybe it's lack of confidence in my writing abilities, or just a natural feeling of sadness that I cannot escape. To put the sadness into the story would be difficult...and how would i go about doing that? I'm not trying to force it too much...but the story is there, waiting to be created. How come I don't come up with them like when I was younger...just flowing. I realized that I've been efficiantly damaged in this life-time, and so when I read other authors I see those who had a world that was kind to them. Not me. And I am guilty of believing otherwise, when it is not so. I have a house, a home, and that's all. The world has not been so kind to me. I am an outcast. And yet, if I were to write who would I write for but all those who reject me and hate me/ I'm not going to write for them. Perhaps I will never even let anyone read my story, and it will be amazing. I will print it and keep it to myself, and no one will ever read it because no one deserves me anymore...I mean I guess. I dont know, but I'd like to get it out and not be heavily criticized, I'm so sick of criticism. it's so consistent....everywhere. people just don't love.
I have come to the conclusion that being a Vampyre is far from a great thing. I have come to the conclusion that I have been guilty of using people, being way too prideful and selfish. I want to believe I am helping people in the temple and that is the whole point of it but sometimes I wonder. I have been told this by many of my "friends" and even my mom. That is probably why I lost the old friends I used to have but the some of them did the same to me and stabbed me in the back? I even wonder how long I am going to be able to afford this temple but I keep seem to give up because it is my baby and my purpose but sometimes that isnt even enough...
© Founding Father J P Vanir Of TempleUVUP
I was looking for another place to hang around.
Many web sites want money,or have many emo or wannabes,screaming and
crying at eachother.Hope i can make some friends on here,expecially if
we are all from ohio.I love ohio,yet..at the same time... i hate it.
Maybe out where i live,there isen't anything but farm land and old people.
I don't know what it's like in big places full of ones like myself or otherkin.
I find it easier to look threw the net.My fave web site shut down,and all
my vampyre elders left and stayed away from all the little ones,like myself..
and like my sister.One of my young vamp friends is in her death bed,cause
she hasent been able to feed for months,as the elders vanished with the
web site.Everyone is getting sick..and loosing their minds.No one is
around to teach or learn anything new.No protectors or guardians.
It's just a freakin mess.While they are all sobbing in corners,i GOT to get
out on the net and find others to replace what was lost.UGGG...what to do!
Even i am sick,YET alive..but sick.I'm tuff as nails,and stubbern as a
wild boar.. but this DOES hurt.Maybe a test?Maybe somthing bad happend.
Right now,I'm just lookin for friends,maybe my lifemate.. if i ever run into him.
forget me not- i will always be around.
I guess I will start off with
how I came about choosing my name (which in full is, Aylin Rue Silver-Moon). Rue is the magickal name I was given at
birth by my mother, who at the time was Wiccan. Rue is considered a magical flower and herb. I was named after both, just the Rue (Of the citrus family) family in general. In short, Rue can be used in healing but too much of it can be deadly. Here is an excerpt of the best description I could find on it;
Ruta graveolens L.
Family: Rutaceae (citrus family)
Common Names: ~Garden Rue~ ~ Herb of Grace~ ~Herb of Repentance~
Native to the Mediterranean region, the plant name can be traced back to
Latin ruta and Greek rhyteé, but it is not related to English rue ~remorse~ The
Latin species name, which rue shares with several other aromatic plants like
celery or dill, means ~strongly smelling~ Latin gravis ~heavy~ and olens
Known as Herb of Grace, because its branches were once used by Catholic
priests to sprinkle holy water. Rue is mentioned as a culinary herb in the New
Testament and was a very common spice in ancient Rome. It is a good drought
tolerant plant and has attractive yellow flowers. Rue's fragrance is strong,
aromatic and sweet.
Rue is the national flower of Lithuania and is known as the Herb of
Repentance. It has also been referred to as the plant of patience and endurance
as one rue plant could live for hundreds of years. It symbolizes virginity and
plays an important role in wedding ceremonies. The bride usually wears a wreath
of rue. For centuries, it has been the custom for Lithuanians to carry rue
seeds with them when migrating. It was also believed that the leaves could refresh
the mouth, cure hysteria, gout, relieve pain and aid with bee stings and spider
bites as well as being an aphrodisiac. Although rue, is quite bitter to taste,
it has been used in salads. It has also been used as a flavoring in beer, fish
sauces and omelets. In Italy it is used for flavouring brandy and liquors.
Cabbage and some herbs such as sage and basil do not grow well with rue.
Wives tales have been written about how rue planted beside sage can make it
Although Rue is now a part of my chosen name, It’s a recent addition (or completion actually) to my name, before it was merely a nickname only used by close family members.
Silver-Moon is the oldest part to my name. At the age of thirteen (ironic huh?) I was still living in a very closed world, taught to me by a former coven. Their tradition was that at the age of thirteen a member of their coven could either continue as an apprentice in the coven or go solitary. Actually, I left the coven years before this but it was the only teachings and traditions I knew at the time so I stuck with a bit of it. I went through (lol) so many fricking names..Every once in awhile I will come across an old notepad sheet with variations of the name
scribbled all over the place. But once I had settled on a name, it felt right. The Silver part is a long explanation that goes hand in hand with the Moon part. I have absolutely no desire towards gold, it represents sun magic and I hate the sun lol. When I wear gold I always feel tired and not to my full “charge” if you will. But silver is a representation of moon magic. I consider myself to be a child of the moon. All my workings involve the moon, even if it’s as simple as doing my workings at night. I’m very connected to the moon as I always have been. Countless family members have always told me how I never was awake during the day. I preferred to be up when the moon was out. I also believe that my strength comes directly from the moon and in turn, My Dark Mother Lilith. Silver-Moon is also the name I use to sign any of my artwork as well as the name I write my personal book of shadows under.
Aylin was the second addition to my name. It literally means in Turkish “Moon Halo”. Simple, but when I came across the name it just clicked and has been by chosen first name ever since.
Choosing a name for me; is a very long process that can take years to decide on. My own full name took me 7
years to fully develop and I’m still feeling it out to make sure it’s right. I think that when someone does figure out their full chosen name, it just clicks. Best way I can describe it and unless you’ve had that feeling it can’t really
be described. You’ll know it when it happens.
There is a ritual I know of to make your chosen name known to whatever Deities you work with and is supposed
to be taken as serious as one would a soul bonding. I haven’t done mine yet, simply because I’m waiting for a certain day. However, I don’t think its necessary but could be a nice symbolism. If anyone is interested in it, I
wouldn’t mind sending it to them, just contact me.
Some nicknames I’m known by are: Bitten (looong story behind that one), Rue, Kitten, Luigi Alawishes Mahoney Bologna (name given to me at birth by my grandfather, don’t judge lol) and Poptart. I have tons of others, but those are the most commonly used.
Now, for the WHY part of why I’m writing this. Well, for a while now I have been yearning to contribute my
thoughts in some way to the Temple, but personally believe my knowledge on various subjects can already be found (and probably at a higher level) already in the forums. So I figured I would give a little bit of information on myself and share a little bit of my beliefs. Perhaps my thoughts, might strike someone else’s.
The journey to my path has been a very, interesting one. I was born to a Wiccan mother, who changed
spiritualities and beliefs constantly depending on how bad her goddess pissed her off. My grandmother is the same way so I guess it was a learned trait. I myself have been exposed to many paths. I experienced a Christian life with my grandmother (of which I was kicked out of several Sunday school classes for
questioning pretty much everything, her church even tried to exorcise me ha!). On my mother’s end I was exposed to a Wiccan, Celtic, Native American Indian, Buddhist, Polynesian life..to name a few.. While I may have been exposed to these paths, I never held on to much of the teachings because I personally never agreed with them.
Since a young age, I myself always had a feeling of not belonging. The things I was taught I could understand
but it was not right. I’m sure I don’t need to explain that feeling to anyone here [Insert Smile]. Because I grew up in a spiritual environment, things like tarot reading (which I’ve been doing since I was nine with the same deck), empathy abilities, astral projection, seeing apparitions, and visions were never “odd” or taboo topics at home. This is probably why it took me as long as it did to become aware of my Vampyre nature.
I am a Goth and a Freak, I don’t really care on someone's opinion about this because I don’t allow people to tell me what I am and what I’m not. I have a pretty loud Freak Flag and I’m proud to fly it [insert impish grin]. There’s not much more to know about me that can’t already be found on my profile or simply asked.
My Path is Eclectic and as always I am researching. For the moment being my main focus is on Egyptian
Spirituality. Learning is a lifelong adventure for me and I am always researching something to better expand my knowledge.
This is all I have to say so far, I will probably add more as time progresses.
The Official Pod-cast (Don Henrie a.k.a. The Vampire Don)
The Official Pod-cast
Sunday April 18th, 2010
Time Zone Converter
Click the link below and add it to your bookmarks as a must listen to link. This is where the podcast will be released.
Don Henrie a.k.a. The Vampire Don
Don's Special Guest a Necromancer
This will be the Official Pod-cast release of the the April 5th, 2010 VM Underground interview with Don Henrie on the subject of God and Religion.
There will be a live community chat on www.thevampiredon.com for all those who wish to ask Don Henrie and Vic Mendoza questions during the podcast release party on TVD Haeven.
Rather than your typical interview, Vic Mendoza, Don Henrie, and his special guest a Necromancer will openly discuss the topic of God. They will cover their varied beliefs, their experiences, their knowledge in an open conversation about God, God's, and more. They will cover the topic of Religion, Religions, and Man/Humanity, in ways you have never heard explored, as this is the first EVER interview with a Vampire and Necromancer. The topics will go much deeper than expected and will be no holds barred. Listen in and you might learn, discover, disagree.
TVD Community Chat will be open for this special event. When the community chat isn't open you are welcome to IM your friends on here. Chat is held for discussions with Don Henrie and special Guests. Get your questions prepared.
Don Henrie will listen to the podcast and review the interview with those in the TVD Haeven Community Chat. Vic Mendoza will be there to answer any questions you may have. All those in the Community Chat will be able to listen to the Podcast online, while reviewing the interview.
Chat normally open earlier than the scheduled time on special event days.
Check in often for updates, video, and music release.
Ask Vic Mendoza, Don Henrie, and his special guest Necromancer questions, talk to other community members, live. The community chat will open early to gear up for the interview. Talk about your beliefs with other community members, talk about the show as you listen to it live, and have your questions heard.
SCREEN SHOT BELOW TAKEN 3 HOURS BEFORE OFFICIAL START.
THERE WERE OVER 80 MEMBERS ON CHAT AT OFFICIAL START
THE PURPOSE OF THE TVD HAEVEN MEMBER DRIVE
TVD Haeven is pushing a member drive to help generate more members in our community. We would like to see you have your personal circle of friends enjoy all that TVD Haeven has to offer.
Not only would we like to see you share the fun with your friends, but with more members means TVD Haeven will be able to bring you more excitement.
We are planning on launching TVD Radio, however our community requires "X" amount of members to guarantee the success of TVD Radio.
We are also planning on launching TVD Video, with many more videos created by Don Henrie. This too requires "X" amount of members on TVD Haeven to guarantee the success of TVD Video.
We are also looking forward to TVD Events, where the TVD Haeven staff will plan meet ups for our members to attend. This takes the world of TVD Haeven off of the internet and into real life. You will have the chance to meet Don Henrie, meet the staff, and meet the other community members at our TVD Events.
We are working diligently on bringing you more TVD, however we require every current member to do as much as they can to help the staff SPREAD THE WORD!
HOW CAN YOU SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT TVD:
Below are instructions and examples of how you can do your part as an active TVD Haeven community member and get more sign-ups. Read all instructions carefully and follow the links posted to make the most out of your time and effort. We are grateful to all those who participate in the TVD Haeven Member Drive.
SEND AN EMAIL
Link Even though you may have signed up with one email, you can access all of your email accounts to make the most of your contact lists. By clicking the email option, you will be taken to our emailing center where it is self explanatory on how to send out messages to your email contacts. The entire process is quick and simple.
*Make sure to attach a personal message to your emails explaining how great it would be if they became your friend on TVD Haeven.
ADD A BADGE
Link We have easy to make badges for you to place on your other social networking community profiles, blogs, bulletins, etc.
You can adjust the badge colors to match your profile and choose what size you would like. Show your support by adding a badge to every page you can.
ADD A WIDGET
We have created a TVD widget for you to put on other social networking profiles. You can keep updated with Don Henrie's Twitter posts, and help spread the word about TVD.
ADD OUR BANNERS
We have many banners that you can place on your profiles, blogs, bulletins, websites. To grab the code, copy and paste it. If you do not find a banner you like, create a new banner and paste it to this page for approval.
*TO GET TO YOUR OTHER PROFILES QUICKLY, USE OUR POSTED NAVIGATION BAR ABOVE THIS SECTION.
I have written a piece of inspiration for you to chew on...
I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IF YOU WOULD:
1. Leave a comment on the the event page if you are going to listen, cannot listen, and if you are going to participate in the community chat.
2. Post the banner and bulletin on your MySpace/DeviantART Profiles/EA profiles (spread the word.)
3. TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN TVD BY POSTING BLOGS.
4. UPDATE OUR MEMBER MAIN PAGE / CHECK THE FORUMS
I have a new written piece posted in the TVD Haeven Forum, your thoughts are welcome.
NEW DON HENRIE LIVE INTERVIEW THIS MONDAY
Be sure you sign up on his web site
The Vampire Don
and come listen to his INTERVIEW THIS MONDAY... See More
Be there or Be Squar!!
there is a con artist that is on the lose that has jumped bail and is aiming to
pray on more unexpecting disabled people. her name is christine gutterman and
runs a front biz called palzwithpawz, starpaws, and reading with paws. she gets
people to donate large amounts of money to her suposidly to get disabled poor
people service dogs and all she does is
either runs away with the money or gets a dog from the pound and gets bogus
service dog cradentials (the A.D.A. dont even require it) and sells them muts
that are barly even house broken for $1000+ she has stolen my wife's identity
off of registration info for my dog. she can be any where and if she is seen
alert the athoritys that she has fled from prosicution. she will most likey be
in a 1995 chevy 20 conversion
van marron with pals with paws logo all over it. she will be with a male
in the 40's baulding black hair, occasional glasses, and some times uses a cane,
ansering to the name jeff
gutterman. they also have a 14 yearold girl that
is chirtins daughter (will not give info on her cus of age).
the link below
is to the news cast so u know it is real! please forward it on! get the word
out to all and make her pay for paying on disabled people, one of which is a US
vet injured in line of duty that now lives in N.C. i will not list his name cus
i do not have his promission
take 2 mins and forward on to every one
Love in the purest form of darkness.
Written by Rev. AhramDurga
Hate is the purest form of light. Hmm this is something to really thing about. I never thought of this way untile now. It is a funny thing how our kind either love to the fullest or hate to the fullest. Somehow this is a emotion that is one within itself. that yin yang thing of life. I was watching a music video, and I cannot remember what it was that I was listening too or even seeing. But within this mind thought I realize one of the resons that I am drawn to the so call dark side of things. When I dealt with so call people of the light, I find that many things are hidden. Things are told in part. But because of this so call light. I was able to see things for what it really was. Which in part brought on the feeling of hatered. What was I really hateing? The fact of not being free. Free to be who I was created to be. Somehow, being drawn to the darker side of things, did not mean it was bad it was a bad thing. It just met that I was able to be set free from the lies of people who live in fear of being all they can be. Therefore many people find themselves hating themselves and not understanding why. But within the dark side of things. I have found the purest form of love. Not the typ of love that the so call light people would call it to be. But through being with boldness, the person I was met to be. Wisdom was to be truly found within the dark place of life. I find that it speack for itself within the wispers of the winds. If you are open to it, You can hear it voice. So what is true love? Is it being able to accept the purest things of life for what it really is. I say yes. Because within that very being there is the balance that is suppose to be there. Now please do not get the wrong thought here. It is only to bring a point. When we look into the Bible, Ecclesiastes chapter 3;v 1 - 15 it talks about a time for everything, and within those verses it talks about the yin yang of life. But sometimes I wounder do they really understand the concept of what is being said within the deepest form of the words. They only accept it in part. Therfore accepting themselves in part. The purest form of love within darkness, is to see thing for what it really is and being able to face it and know it is not to harm you but to only make you stronger and whole. Another thing that the bible says it that we are suppose to be made in the image of our maker. Well when I look at the attribute of God And Goddess or the simple this of the cosmos choas centering of all things. We are made of the same ting, but do they trully understand waht is being said. We are both postive and nagative, make up and both are very beutiful when brought together as a whole. So what do I hate? When the blindness of the so call light allow me not to see the beauty within the darkness, this my hatered, But within the dark I am able to see all things. Take for what you will it to be. I hope that it has spoken something unto you and within you. Sometime my thoughts are what they. So what do you think about that?
Meda has a niece, that is 21 yrs of age and she is going to be having her gallbladder taken out on March 2nd.
The problem is, that in order to do this, they have to take her pleveas
apart. It has screws and wire that hold it in place. They have to take
apart first, then the gallbladder. then put it back together. so please
do keep Meda and her niece and family in prayer and send healing
energy's there way. Thank you.
I have been working hard for over over 6 years on this Temple and am in need of some more Aid. I have not been able to spend as much time as I would like with my family and my Wife. I am not as organised as I would like or as good at web site building. please get back to me if anyone can help...
email@example.com on YIM
© Founding Father J P Vanir Of TempleUVUP
Never give up on yourself or others... I was giving up... and now im back and stronger and better then ever. I feel more at one with myself.
I just want to say thank you to the one that opened up to me and is helping me. You are a "god" sent!!!! thanks again!
the new LiL
I tried and feel like i failed... did I? I ask for help and get no answer... does anyone hear me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (echoecho!!!!) guess not.... I tried though. I will give myself that much credit. I hope to find my true self someday.
If anyone can help I'm asking for it now.
blessed be (v--v)
Asking for help or asking someone a simple question is so hard to do. When you don't know what to do with yourself... Its harder then ever but I did it. I asked for help. And that is something I don't like to do. I'm a self doer and when I cant do it myself it kills me. Now that Ive done it I feel so much better.
If anyone is reading this and is like me when it comes to asking for help. You need to just suck it up and do it! Your going to feel better. I know i do.
Winston Churchill once said, “The further backwards you can look, the farther forwards you can see.” When he
said this, I don’t think Churchill realized the power of what he said. You see, I am connected to every
lifetime I’ve experienced. I’ve
remembered every battle, and the blood spilled. I remember staying behind myself as a commander either
burying the young and old or burning their bodies (depending on the time
period) knowing it was my decisions that put them there. At the time, I didn’t understand
death. I cursed it, and
myself. There were lifetimes, I
died in battle, but it was never quick.
I felt the blood pouring out of me soaking the ground and every system
in my body shutting itself down knowing I would never see my family again. For 2000 years, I remember every birth,
life, death, and transformation. I
remembered every lover, child I created, abilities I had, and the lessons I
learned. I remembered being
feared, respected, honored, adored, and loved because I was never “the normal”
Life itself is full of lessons to learn, and once learned, you die and transform to another existence
until you’re reborn. Death
shouldn’t be feared; instead, it should be embraced because it is not always
physical. It could be the death of a job, the death of a love, etc. Even when it is physical, it should be
embrace knowing you are going to another form of existence.
Sebastian had talked about an awakening. I’ve never
experienced an awakening. I would
guess my awakening was birth due to I have been able to use my abilities since
I was a child.
Throughout my life, like others, I have gone through several ascensions. In January 2009, I have gone
through several physical and metaphysical ascensions both being emotional and
physically painful. Everything
happens for a reason – to learn the lesson.
The reason why I’ve believed I’ve out grown Lady Pandora’s Box, and transformed into Lady Flame. For a while I will be putting after my
name Lady Flame (formerly Pandora’s Box) until people get use to using my new
I want to thank each and every one of you for all your love and support throughout this whole
experience. Thank you, and have a
1. Any religion or teaching which denies the Natural Laws of the Universe is false.
2. Whatever People�s perception of God, or Gods, or the motive Force of the Universe might be, they can hardly deny that Nature�s Law are the work of, and therefore the intent of, that Force.
3. God and religion are distinct, separate and often conflicting concepts. Nature evidences the divine plan, for the natural world is the work of the force or the intelligence men call God. Religion is the creation of mortals, therefore predestined to fallibility. Religion may preserve or destroy a People, depending on the structure given by its progenitors, the motives of its agents and the vagaries of historical circumstances.
4. The truest form of prayer is communion with Nature. It is not vocal. Go to a lonely spot, if possible a mountaintop, on a clear, star-lit night, ponder the majesty and order of the infinite macrocosm. Then consider the intricacies of the equally infinite microcosm. Understand that you are on the one hand inconsequential beyond comprehension in the size of things, and on the other hand, you are potentially valuable beyond comprehension as a link in destiny�s chain. There you begin to understand how pride and self can co-exist with respect and reverence. There we find harmony with Nature and with harmony comes strength, peace and certainty.
5. Secular power systems protect and promote religions, which teach of an after-life. Thus, people are taught to abandon defenses against the predators of this life.
6. History, both secular and religious, is a fable conceived in self-serving deceit and promulgated by those who perceive benefits.
7. Religion in its most beneficial form is the symbology of a People and their culture. A multiracial religion destroys the senses of uniqueness, exclusivity and value necessary to the survival of a race.
8. What men call the �super natural� is actually the �natural� not yet understood or revealed.
9. A proliferation of laws with the resultant loss of freedom is a sign of, and directly proportional to, spiritual sickness in a Nation.
10. If a Nation is devoid of spiritual health and moral character, then government and unprincipled men will fill the vacancy. Therefore, freedom prospers in moral values and tyranny thrives in moral decay.
11. Truth requires little explanation. Therefore, beware of verbose doctrines. The great principles are revealed in brevity.
12. Truth does not fear investigation.
13. Unfounded belief is pitfall. A People who do not check the validity and effect of their beliefs with reason will suffer or perish.
14. In accord with Nature�s Laws, nothing is more right than the preservation of one�s own race.
15. No greater motivating force exists than the certain conviction that one is right.
16. Discernment is a sign of a healthy People. In a sick or dying nation, civilization, culture or race, substance is abandoned in favor of appearance.
17. Discernment includes the ability to recognize the difference between belief and demonstrable reality.
18. There exists no such thing as rights or privileges under the Laws of Nature. The deer being stalked by a hungry lion has no right to life. However, he may purchase life by obedience to nature- ordained instincts for vigilance and flight. Similarly, men have no rights to life, liberty or happiness. These circumstances may be purchased by oneself, by one�s family, by one�s tribe or by one�s ancestors, but they are nonetheless purchases and are not rights. Furthermore, the value of these purchases can only be maintained through vigilance and obedience to Natural Law.
19. A people who are not convinced of their uniqueness and value will perish.
20. The White race has suffered invasions and brutality from Africa and Asia for thousands of years. For example, Attila and the Asiatic Huns who invaded Europe in the 5th century, raping, plundering and killing from the Alps to the Baltic and the Caspian Seas. This scenario was repeated by the Mongols of Genghis Khan 800 years later. (Note here that the American Indians are not �Native Americans,� but are racially Mongolians.) In the 8th century, hundreds of years before Negroes were brought to America, the North African Moors of mixed racial background invaded and conquered Portugal, Spain and part of France. So, the attempted guilt-trip placed on the White race by civilization�s executioners is invalid under both historical circumstance and the Natural Law which denies inter-specie compassion. The fact is, all races have benefited immeasurably from the creative genius of the Aryan People.
21. People who allow others not of their race to live among them will perish, because the inevitable result of a racial integration is racial inter-breeding which destroys the characteristics and existence of a race. Forced integration is deliberate and malicious genocide, particularly for a People like the White race, who are now a small minority in the world.
22. In the final analysis, a race or specie is not judged superior or inferior by its accomplishments, but by its will and ability to survive.
23. Political, economic, and religious systems may be destroyed and resurrected by men, but the death of a race is eternal.
24. No race of People can indefinitely continue their existence without territorial imperatives in which to propagate, protect, and promote their own kind.
25. A People without a culture exclusively their own will perish.
26. Nature has put a certain antipathy between races and species to preserve the individuality and existence of each. Violation of the territorial imperative necessary to preserve that antipathy leads to either conflict or mongrelization.
27. It is not constructive to hate those of other races, or even those of mixed races. But a separation must be maintained for the survival of one�s own race. One must, however, hate with a pure and perfect hatred those of one�s own race who commit treason against one�s own kind and against the nations of one�s own kind. One must hate with perfect hatred all those People or practices which destroy one�s People, one�s culture, or the racial exclusiveness of one�s territorial imperative.
28. The concept of a multi-racial society violates every Natural Law for specie preservation.
29. The concept of �equality� is declared a lie by every evidence of Nature. It is a search for the lowest common denominator, and its pursuit will destroy every superior race, nation, or culture. In order for a plow horse to run as fast as a race horse you would first have to cripple the race horse; conversely, in order for a race horse to pull as much as a plow horse, you would first have to cripple the plow horse. In either case, the pursuit of equality is the destruction of excellence.
30. The instincts for racial and specie preservation are ordained by Nature.
31. Instincts are Nature�s perfect mechanism for the survival of each race and specie. The human weakness of rationalizing situations for self-gratification must not be permitted to interfere with these instincts.
32. Miscegenation, that is race-mixing, is and has always been, the greatest threat to the survival of the Aryan race.
33. Inter-specie compassion is contrary to the Laws of Nature and is, therefore, suicidal. If a wolf were to intercede to save a lamb from a lion, he would be killed. Today, we see the White man taxed so heavily that he cannot afford children. The taxes raised are then used to support the breeding of tens of millions of non-whites, many of whom then demand the last White females for breeding partners. As you can see, man is subject to all the Laws of Nature. This has nothing to do with morality, hatred, good or evil. Nature does not recognize the concepts of good and evil in inter-specie relationships. If the lion eats the lamb, it is good for the lion and evil for the lamb. If the lamb escapes and the lion starves, it is good for the lamb and evil for the lion. So, we see the same incident is labeled both good and evil. This cannot be, for there are no contradictions within Nature�s Laws.
34. The instinct for sexual union is part of Nature�s perfect mechanism for specie preservation. It begins early in life and often continues until late in life. It must not be repressed; its purpose, reproduction, must not be thwarted either. Understand that for thousands of years our females bore children at an early age. Now, in an attempt to conform to and compete in an alien culture, they deny their Nature-ordained instincts and duties. Teach responsibility, but, also, have understanding. The life of a race springs from the wombs of its women. He who would judge must first understand the difference between what is good and what is right.
35. Homosexuality is a crime against Nature. All Nature declares the purpose of the instinct for sexual union is reproduction and thus, preservations of the specie. The overpowering male sex drive must be channeled toward possession of females, as well as elements such as territory and power, which are necessary to keep them.
36. Sexual pornography degrades the Nature of all who are involved. A beautiful nude woman is art; a camera between her knees to explore her private parts is pornography.
37. That race whose males will not fight to death to keep and mate with their females will perish. Any White man with healthy instincts feels disgust and revulsion when he sees a woman of his race with a man of another race. Those, who today control the media and affairs of the Western World, teach that this is wrong and shameful. They label it �racism.� As any �ism,� for instance the word �nationalism,� means to promote one�s own nation; �racism� merely means to promote and protect the life of one�s own race. It is, perhaps, the proudest word in existence. Any man who disobey these instincts is anti-Nature.
38. In a sick and dying nation, culture, race or civilization, political dissent and traditional values will be labeled and persecuted as heinous crimes by inquisitors clothing themselves in jingoistic patriotism.
39. A People who are ignorant of their past will defile the present and destroy the future.
40. A race must honor above all earthly things, those who have given their lives or freedom for the preservation of the folk.
41. The folk, namely the members of the race, are the Nation. Racial loyalties must always supersede geographical and national boundaries. If this is taught and understood, it will end fratricidal wars. Wars must not be fought for the benefit of another race.
42. The Nations� leaders are not rulers, they are servants and guardians. They are not to serve for personal gain. Choose only a guardian who has no interest in the accumulation of material things.
43. Choose and judge your leaders, also called guardians, thus: Those who seek always to limit the power of government are of good heart and conscience. Those who seek to expand the power of government are base tyrants.
44. No government can give anything to anybody without first taking it from another. Government is, by its very nature, legalized taking. A limited amount of government is a necessary burden for national defense and internal order. Anything more is counterproductive to freedom and liberty.
45. The Organic founding Law, namely the Constitution of a Nation, must not be amendable by any method other than unanimous consent of all parties thereto and with all parties present. Otherwise, the doors are opened for the advent of that most dangerous and deadly form of government, democracy.
46. In a democracy those who control the media, and thus the minds of the electorate, have power undreamed by kings or dictators.
47. The simplest way to describe a democracy is this: Three people form a government, each having one vote. Then two of them vote to steal the wealth of the third.
48. The latter stages of a democracy are filled with foreign wars, because the bankrupt system attempts to preserve itself by plundering other nations.
49. In a democracy that which is legal is seldom moral, and that which is moral is often illegal.
50. A democracy is always followed by a strongman... some call him dictator. It is the only way to restore order out of the chaos caused by a democracy. Pick your strongman wisely! He must be a guardian in his heart. He must be one who has shown that his only purpose in life is the preservation of the folk. His ultimate aim must be to restore the rule of Law based on the perfect Laws of Nature. Do not choose him by his words. Choose one who has sacrificed all in the face of tyranny; choose one who has endured and persevered. This is the only reliable evidence of his worthiness and motives.
51. A power system will do anything, no matter how corrupt or brutal, to preserve itself.
52. Tyrannies cannot be ended without the use of force.
53. Those who commit treason disguise their deeds in proclamations of patriotism.
54. Propaganda is major component in all power systems, both secular and religious; false propaganda is a major component of unprincipled power systems. All power systems endeavor to convince their subjects that the system is good, just, beneficent and noble, as well as worthy of perpetuation and defense. The more jingoistic propaganda issued, the more suspicious one should be of its truth.
55. Political power, in the final analysis, is created and maintained by force.
56. A power system, secular or religious, which employs extensive calls to patriotism or requires verbosity and rhetoric for its preservation, is masking tyranny.
57. Propaganda is a legitimate and necessary weapon in any struggle. The elements of successful propaganda are: simplicity, emotion, repetition, and brevity. Also, since men believe what they want to believe, and since they want to believe that which they perceive as beneficial to themselves, then successful propaganda must appeal to the perceived selfinterest of those to whom it is disseminated.
58. Tyrannies teach what to think; free men learn how to think.
59. Beware of men who increase their wealth by the use of words. Particularly beware of the lawyers or priests who deny Natural Law.
60. The patriot, being led to the inquisition�s dungeons or the executioner�s axe, will be condemned the loudest by his former friends and allies; for thus they seek to escape the same fate.
61. The sweet goddess of Peace lives only under the protective arm of the ready God of War.
62. The organic founding Law of a Nation must state with unmistakable and irrevocable specificity the identity of the homogeneous racial, cultural group for whose welfare it was formed, and that the continued existence of the Nation is singularly for all time for the welfare of that specific group only.
63. That race or culture which lets others influence or control any of the following will perish:
� Organs of information;
� Educational institutions;
� Religious institutions;
� Political offices;
� Creation of their money;
� Judicial institutions;
� Cultural institutions;
� Economic life.
64. Just Laws require little explanation. Their meaning is irrevocable in simplicity and specificity.
65. Men�s emotions are stirred far more effectively by the spoken word than by the written word. This is why a ruling tyranny will react more violently to gatherings of dissenters than to books or pamphlets.
66. The organic founding Law of the Nation, or any law, is exactly as pertinent as the will and power to enforce it.
67. An unarmed or non-militant People will be enslaved.
68. Some say the pen is more powerful than the sword. Perhaps so. Yet, the pen without the sword has no authority.
69. Tyrannies are usually built step by step and disguised by noble rhetoric.
70. The difference between a terrorist and a patriot is control of the press.
71. The judgments of the guardians, the leaders, must be true to Natural Law and tempered by reason.
72. Materialism is base and destructive. The guardians of a Nation must constantly warn against and combat a materialistic spirit in the Nation. Acquisition of wealth and property, as need for the well-being of one�s family and obtained by honorable means is right and proper. Exploitation, particularly through usury, is destructive to a nation.
73. Materialism leads men to seek artificial status through wealth or property. True social status comes from service to Family, Race and Nation.
74. Materialism ultimately leads to conspicuous, unnecessary consumption, which in turn leads to the rape of Nature and destruction of the environment. It is unnatural. The true guardians of the Nation must be wholly untainted by materialism.
75. The function of a merchant or salesman is to provide a method of exchange. A merchant who promotes unnecessary consumption and materialism must not be tolerated.
76. The only lawful functions of money are as a medium of exchange and especially usury are unlawful. Usury (interest) at any percentage is a high crime which cannot be tolerated.
77. A nation with an aristocracy of money, lawyers or merchants will become a tyranny.
78. The simplest way to describe a usury-based central banking system is this: The bankers demand the property of the Nation as collateral for their loans. At interest, more money is owed them that they created with the loans. So, eventually, the bankers foreclose on the Nation.
79. Usury (interest), inflation, and oppressive taxation are the theft by deception and destroy the moral fabric of the Nation.
80. Wealth gained without sacrifices or honest labor will usually be misused.
81. Nothing in Nature is static; either the life force grows and expands or it decays and dies.
82. Respect must be earned; it cannot be demanded or assumed.
83. Avoid a vexatious man, for his venom will poison your own nature.
84. Self discipline is a mark of higher man.
85. One measure of a man is cheerfulness in adversity.
86. A fool judges others by their words. A wise man judges others by their actions and accomplishments.
87. In our relationships or interactions, as in all of Nature�s Laws, to each action there is a reaction. That which we plant will be harvested, if not by ourselves, then by another.
88. These are sure signs of a sick or dying Nation. If you see any of them, your guardians are committing treason.
� Mixing and destruction of the founding race;
� Destruction of the family units;
� Oppressive taxation;
� Corruption of the Law;
� Terror and suppression against those who warn of the Nation�s error;
� Immorality: drugs, drunkenness, etc.;
� Infanticide (now called abortion);
� Destruction of the currency (inflation or usury);
� Aliens in the land, alien culture;
� Foreign wars;
� Guardians (leaders) who pursue wealth or glory;
� Religion not based on Natural Law.
He is the best physician that knows the worthlessness
of most medicines. ..............Benjamin Franklin
From the viewpoint of the metaphysician, had it not been for the Mysteries of Asclepius there could have been no Hippocrates. He took his vows before the altar of Asclepius and became a priest---physician. His clinical methods established a precedent which changed the whole course of medical thought, but the materialist physician should remember that the Father of Medicine was to the end of his days a priest, and the wise and careful observations that have brought him the eternal gratitude of mankind were began in the House of the Healing God.
Our bodies are part of the material universe and subject to laws or ways of this universe. The first of these laws that we know is the law of causation. Every change in the universe has its cause, and that in turn had another cause; this chain is never broken, no matter how far we go, and the same causes universally produce the same effects. Our bodies are no exception. Each body grows, blossoms, withers and dies, not unlike the plant life around us. We are incapable of changing this pattern, but we are capable of maintaining the health and quality of our organic constitution, and it is the mind upon which the body must depend for sustenance, maintenance and survival.
Thought directs energy, energy follows thought. Obstructions to energy flow cause discomfort if mild, or pain and disease if strong. Energy is concentrated where thought is focused. The mind is the instrument whereby our race has lifted itself out of beasthood. It is the instrument whereby we hold ourselves above forces which seek to drag us down, and whereby we shall lift ourselves higher, if higher we choose to go. The mind can be our salvation or our total destruction, whether it be our physical body or the body of the world in which we live. Knowledge is our precious birthright, and whoso neglects learning in his youth loses the past and is empty in meeting the future.
There are many who choose to leave the responsibility of their personal health in the hands of others and of course, there are times when this is unavoidable and specialists are required. Yet, it should be incumbent upon each and every one of us to understand the functions of the bones, muscles and organs of the body, and to explore the many causes and cures of our illness.
"The first man who learned anything useful was taught
by Nature; let Nature teach us as she taught him."
Physicians are a long way from having all the answers to their chosen trade. Ever since the beginning of the world men have sought the healing art to destroy disease, and they have not yet found it. The true physician is a product of Nature, not a product of speculation and imagination. The knowledge of Nature is the foundation of the Science of Medicine, and it is taught by the four great departments of science: Philosophy, Astronomy, Alchemy and Physical Sciences.
Every disease known to man is primarily a condition of unbalanced chemical constituents, both elements and compounds which compose the tissues and fluids of the whole organism. When a physician finds a body diseased, he must look for the causes which produced the disease and not merely treat the symptoms.
If ignorance were purity, why are the sins of ignorance against natural laws visited with the same severity as sins of any other kind? People are constantly sinning against their bodies, when a little of the light of knowledge would enable them to see wherein lays their offence. But the world has so ordained it, that those who seek light must find it in hidden places. Over-indulgence of anything to our body is detrimental, for it can be endured only at the expence of vitality. You are a whole individual. To achieve health you must have wholeness, harmony, rythmn, concert, between your tripartite being. This is the only way that you can get health, not through drugs, not through inorganic medicines; at best, these are temporary relief. A person must stay in balance. If not in proper alignment physically, mentally and nutritionally, there is an interference with the natural vitality, and so illness results. The imbalanced body chemistry of each individual will always gravitate in one of two directions, either acid or alkaline. Each of these two ph (potential hydrogen) classifications determines the atomic orbit present in each cell and can be a significant tool in diagnosis and treatment.
The wisdom and philosophy of Pythagoras (500-600 B.C,E.) and his contribution to the branches of Natural Science has seldom been equalled. From his school of thought came some of the most brilliant thinkers of ancient Greece, paving the way to another remarkable genius, Hippocrates (365 B.C.E.) Justly styled the "Father of Medicine", Hippocrates understood that the only true science of medicine is the intelligent use of Nature's only real medicinal remedies---herbs.
Not long after, in Egypt (300 B.C.E.), the ruling Ptolemies founded a medicinal school in the City of Alexandria. The most famous professors of that school were Erasistratus and Herophilus, who also trusted in the great healing qualities of herbs. Asclepiadac, who studied natural healing exclusively, was highly praised and worshiped by the Romans as the "God of Medicine". The Greek writer Homer, in his epic "The Iliad", made reference to the skillful surgeons Machaon and Podalirius, the sons of Asclepiadac, and their helpful assistance during the Trojan War. There would continue a rich legacy of natural healing physicians with notables such as: Claudius Galen (130 C.E.) Paracelsus (1493-1541) and many among the Teutonic Tribes and the Celts and Druids whose names are lost from the pages of history.
It is without question that none of the present day schools of medicine, with all their fancy technology, have been anywhere near as successful in curing disease than these ancient schools of herbal, natural medicine.
Science must be built upon the firm rock of truth, or it is not science, but merely guesswork. What we have today in the so-called modern medical institutions is a conglomerate collection of hodge-podge opinions, pseudo-scientific findings and questionable medieval, mental meanderings all pushing petroleum based pharmaceutical drugs which produce numerous dangerous side effects. It is no wonder that its practitioners are groping in the dark for curatives, jumping from one highly advocated serum, vaccine or inorganic drug to another, when each in its turn consistantly fails to cure.
Civilized man takes better care of his car than he does his body. He knows perfectly well that if he allowed his car to stand idle, or if he neglected it, the battery would run down and the mechanical parts would rust. Man also must maintenance himself with constant exercise, sun, fresh air, water and cleanliness which invigorates the body and gives it vitality. Our disposition is also an important factor. Health is necessary for happiness, but not more so than happiness is necessary for health. The mind and body perform best when one's disposition is balanced, carefree and receptive. Health is the vital principle of bliss. The disease of the mind are a serious menace. Anger, hate, worry and fear cause stress and anxiety, which not only deplete one's energy, but also cause damage to the organs of the body. There are great advantages to a focused life. When our activity is set towards a precise end, our mental and organic functions become completely harmonized. The unification of desires, the applications of the mind to a single purpose, produce a sort of inner peace. The body is our most important machine of all. It is far wiser to spend a few minutes a day keeping it in good shape with exercise and proper nutrition, than to spend thousands of dollars in astronomical physician's fees later on.
The purpose of civilization is not the progress of science and machines, but the progress of man. All of us, who are housed in the flesh, are history in the making. It is our choice alone if we chose to live a healthy and wholesome life as individuals, as families and as a race. The aging man should neither stop working nor retire. Inaction further impoverishes the content of time. Leisure is even more dangerous for the old than for the young. Time is long and life is short, but the destiny of our people rests in the hands of those of us living today. With a healthy body and mind all things are possible. We are all born to be doing. However, our responsibility is not just to do anything, but to understand something. Get down to business with yourself. Tackle the problems in your life and clear them away. Time will not wait for you. Stop fooling around----get to the point! Life is fragile and quick!
"Health, best of the Blessed ones to men, May I dwell with you
for the rest of my days, And may you be kind and stay with me.
For, if there is any joy in wealth or in children, Or in royal rule,
which makes men like Gods, Or in desire's which we hunt
from Freyja's secret snares, Or if men have any other delight,
From the Gods of respite from their labours, With you, Blessed
Health, All things are strong and shine with the Converse of the
Muses, And without you, no man is happy."
..........................adapted from Ariphron (400B.C.E.)
Here in Lower Vinland (USA), the Baby Boomer is a prime model of our dwindling race. The overwhelming portion of the Baby Boomer population is in fact of Aryan racial stock. They represent our people in cyclical terms to be in our Autumn state of being. While this is a component of Nature's Law and plan, it too is of genuine concern and very troubling when one considers the extremely low birthrate of Aryan babies. This is further exasperated by the act of infanticide.
In the middle and latter segments of the 1960's, the majority of abortions being performed in this nation were racially non-Aryan. This era was a prime family building era for our race. But by the time of the late 1980's things had changed drastically and only gotten worse since then. Today, the majority of abortions here in Lower Vinland are performed on Aryan females. The middle of the 1970's was the era in which our race in this nation had reached its zenith as a high birth rate producing people that we had begun to become, pre-World War II. By the latter part of the 70's to the mid-part of the 1980's Aryan families were becoming smaller and smaller. Gone were the healthy Aryan families of five and six children, reduced to households with two or one child. Aryan families of middle class Vinland were being stemmed by artificially created income blockages via the vehicle of ZOG programs such as Affirmative Action, which deprived able and qualified Aryans of lucrative income producing positions within the work force, and gave them to non-qualified non-Aryans. This in turn allowed for non-Aryans in the work force to purchase larger homes in, up till this time, predominately upper middle class Aryan neighborhoods, and thereafter produce larger families of non-Aryan children. Marry this fact to the other of the Welfare System recipients which were/are primarily non-Aryan (another ZOG program) which rewards these families for their out of control breeding habits, and it becomes a very dark picture, both figuratively and literally.
Add to this equation the severely low Aryan birthrate ratio to the increasing mortality rate of our race, and then one may truly be able to comprehend what a sin Infanticide really is and the devastating consequences that it burdens our race's hopes for survival with!
I could go on and on issuing reason after reason as to why this has occurred and the myriad of reasoning as to why we must reverse this detrimental trend. But if the very survival of our race is not reason enough to do so, then we have already condemned our future kin to their demise! More so, the very end of our noble lineage.
MISCEGENATION (race mixing)
We return to the era of the 1960's yet again in order to clearly understand a key component to this crime against nature which continues to vex our race to this day.
While miscegenation most assuredly occurred prior to this era within Vinland, it did so on a most minute scale contra the greater degree to which it continues today. The 60's in Lower Vinland was heralded as the "Generation of Free Love", whose proponents advocated no strings attached sex with a myriad of partners. They encouraged free sexuality and experimentation with anyone of any race or gender. They coined catch phrases targeting the rebellious youth, such as; "If it feels good, do it!" They gave old words new interpretations. Words like; Boogi, humping, and a host of others, all took on the connotation of sexual intercourse. In fact, many of the liberal left movement today (both moderate and extreme), have their roots of origin in this era of moral decay and debauchery. The extent of the damage these people have wrought upon the moral fabric of western civilization's once chaste and conservative values can be felt throughout the entire western world today.
This same era also gave rise to the drug culture in large part as well. But we'll address that elsewhere in this work. The subject of miscegenation within this nation's history may be dissected into pre-1960 and post 1960's. To reiterate, occurrences of miscegenation were by and large, very minute prior to the 60's era. On the other hand, by the mid 1970's mixed race couples may have drawn stares and hushed comments of outrage, but, it hardly created any more of a stir beyond that. By the late 1980's it seemed to be en vogue as a social symbol which echoed independence, liberalism, tolerance and the ever popular, anti-racism. Adolescents reared in conservative Aryan homes, who sought to lash out against their parents and upbringing, would often seek to engage in acts of miscegenation as an act of rebellion. The Aryans involved were by far more oft females and the result of this truth may be witnessed in any number of sports, music and entertainment venues which hosts a whole new generation of Mongoloid racial (bi-racial) stock which comprises new sub-races. These are their offspring. Of course these people and their Aryan racial stock sympathizers would argue that this is no crime at all, and what's wrong with it, ‘Love is blind’ and any number of other erroneous attempts to justify such ignoble ideologies. The crime against nature occurs when one elects to breed with one of another racial group, in the simplest of terms... You are either continuing your own racial stock, or you are ending its undefiled lineage. In short, an Aryan either creates another Aryan life with another Aryan, thus continuing the Aryan line, or an Aryan creates a mongoloid with a non-Aryan, thus contributing to the death of the Aryan race! Fewer realities in this life are more certain or clearer, than this genuine truth.
HOMOSEXUALITY (the genetic dead end)
This could easily also be called "The Other Dead End", in addition to the miscegenation dead end. The homo camp is fond of citing occurrences of homosexuality within the animal kingdom, particularly regarding certain species of the avian genus, as an argument for homosexuality as a natural occurrence. In fact, wherefore nature is concerned, it is their crown jewel. But reality fails to afford any support thereto their so-called alternative lifestyle. Among the avian social order, homosexuals and their advocates believe that they enjoy authentic support for their argument in the form of penguins. They do not! They argue that male birds of this phylum will assume incubating duty of eggs discarded by females. Two males will assume responsibility for the egg and after hatching, its chick. This does not infer any act of homosexuality on the two male birds’ part, nor should such a notion form in any educated individual's mind. For it is the nature of certain avian species for the male to incubate the eggs once the female has produced them. The penguin is such a bird that follows this practice. In addition to this, there is obviously a very innate desire within the penguin colony among the males, to see the line of said colony, continue as nature's imperative dictates. This in no way even remotely infers an act of homosexuality!
Furthermore, nowhere in the wild animal kingdom does homosexuality occur as an expression of love for such is a violation of nature's law. Animals of the non-domesticated order have a very clear and innate sense of their purpose within the scheme of natural order. Wild animals kill only to survive, that is to eat or defend. They mate only during season and with another of their own kind. They protect, hunt and defend their living space against all intruders and if they are successful at all of this, their line continues with the promise of yet another generation.
Nowhere in nature's scheme does homosexuality express itself freely other than in the human race, for it is in fact a very unnatural act. Just as other erroneous human inadequacies such as killing for pleasure, mating outside of one's own race, and the unwillingness to fight for and defend the living space necessary to any race or species to evolve and advance in a healthy environment, are.
Certainly I will concede that within the realm of nature's animal kingdom there are no doubt certain members of all species whom are probably confused as to what their role is or what part they would naturally play, albeit such individuals would constitute only a miniscule of any animal population. Equally as minor in population, albeit as with any other species, humans included, there are additionally those whom suffer from mental deficiencies which might contribute to such an individual's endeavor to engage another of its kind of the same gender. This too would hardly qualify as a viable argument in favor of homosexuality as a natural occurrence as evidenced within the animal kingdom.
The natural reality herein is that homosexuality is both a genetic dead end and a crime against the laws of nature.
DRUG ADDICTION (substance abuse)
As previously asserted, the 1960s is an era which by no means, invented many of the moral decadence western civilization today suffers, albeit, is largely known to have ushered in many of the social attitudes which in turn contributed greatly to the moral bankruptcy our society has inherited. Open drug use as a lifestyle is key to both the drug counterculture and the myriad of government bureaucracies created, supposedly, to wage a war on drugs. While the government drug bureaucracies may serve a much wider purpose as a vehicle for ZOG's benefit that is fodder for another essay, another time. What is germane to this body of work is that the era of the sixties had been the spawning pool for what amounts to today's drug problems both within our society and our race.
Aside from the obvious detriment which the drug addict poses to a healthy race and racial society, one may not trust an addict, nor should one! They will always be driven and motivated by their need to "get well" when they are suffering withdrawal or just outright, desire to experience euphoria. Their sick needs and desires will always take precedent over the welfare of their family, their comrades, and their race, especially when threatened with incarceration or worse. There are always rare exceptions to any rule. But as the greatest rule, we haven't the luxury, nor the means without exposure to risk, for vetting them out from the rabble. Therefore, if one freely elects to participate in such a pernicious lifestyle, then they must be viewed as a legitimate threat to the welfare of the race, and treated as any other race traitor whom freely elects to contribute to the harm of our race and its future as opposed to the harmony of a healthy Aryan society. This does not mean we shouldn't endeavor to help clean up those whom harbor a genuine desire to be a productive member of our Folk. It does mean we should learn to discern when it is genuine from when it is not and then resolve to cut ties and set such souls adrift to fend for themselves. As Friedrich Nietzsche once penned; "Those you would teach not to fly, teach faster to fall." Our precious efforts and energy are better spent on worthy racial causes not lost ones!
DISUNITY (lack of Aryan solidarity)
Finally, there is a woeful lack of genuine fraternal solidarity among the Aryan Tribes! With this one sin alone, we contribute to the demise of our race greater than all of our foes combined possibly ever could. I cannot overemphasize nor stress enough the paramount urgency for the need among our collective Aryan minds to right this wrong which is killing us faster than anything else!
The five deadly sins of which I have chronicled herein this work, is neither unique nor indigenous to the content of Vinland (North America). They affect the health, welfare and future of the people of the Aryan Tribes, world wide. It matters not if an Aryan man or woman resides in South Africa, Germany, France, Ukraine, Brazil, Japan, Mexico, Sweden, or Vinland. The problems which these five sins create and cause, is the same the entire world over and so is the solution..."WHITE POWER!"
The mission of the 14 WORDS is and must remain our unifying cause. Toward such ends as successfully achieving this objective, we must cultivate genuine bonds of fraternal solidarity and put our many religious and political differences aside until such a time comes when we no longer constitute one of the world's endangered species.
Unless there exists legitimate documented proof of an alleged race traitor, informant, homosexuality, question of ancestry, etc., etc., etc., we must set these deleterious accusations aside and quit pointing fingers which only waste time and energy. To echo the late David Lane; "Who will care what our differences were called, or meant when we as a race have perished?" I can assure you all, it won't be those other races while they gleefully sing songs of our demise, over the ashes of what once was, but no longer is! Well then, my brothers and sisters world wide of the Aryan Tribes… There you have them, the five deadly sins which shall be the very death of the grandest race which time, history and civilization shall ever know. It becomes both the task and responsibility of every Aryan man and woman to act accordingly, to teach both kinder (children) and the racially blind among our Race. We must cultivate, espouse and promote the teacher/warrior mentality toward achieving the sacred mission of the 14 WORDS, and this we must do without guilt, hesitation or remorse. For those who exhibit such inadequacies do not truly desire posterity for their lineage, but rather they are content to exist in the selfish and hedonistic world they somehow believe is owed to them.
Alas, like sheep being led to the slaughter, it is nature's divine decree that those not willing to fight for their lives do not deserve it and thereafter shall only have it for as long as their shepherds allow for it. Be not then sheep, but rather wolves! And fight with the fierceness of the pack to survive...fight against the five deadly sins which threaten to destroy our beloved race. For it truly is natures imperative and the only genuine hope for the people of the Aryan Tribes.
I remain yours in service and genuine fraternal solidarity.
Anton Szandor LaVey (1930-1997), along with Charles Manson, Timothy Leary, and other messianic pop gurus, was a notorious figure of the 1960s' subculture of social experiment. As the flamboyant High Priest of the Church of Satan and the author of the Satanic Bible, he served as an ideal bogeyman for the sensation-seeking American media of that tumultuous period.
His curious celebrity was based largely on a self-created legend. This carefully-orchestrated legend may, in the final analysis, be LaVey's most enduring legacy. LaVey disseminated his legend through interviews with journalists, personal discussion with his disciples, and two LaVey-approved [auto]biographies (apparently ghostwritten by LaVey himself). The first of these, 1974's The Devil's Avenger (credited to LaVey associate Burton Wolfe), embellished on the fabrications Wolfe had already sketched in his introduction to the Satanic Bible. The second, 1990's Secret Life of a Satanist (credited to Blanche Barton, LaVey's live-in secretary and mother of his son), contradicted many of LaVey's own claims in the earlier volume, while putting forth new legends for public consumption. As social historians and scholars of occult movements begin to study LaVey's life and times in an objective historical context, a wealth of information concerning the man beneath the Devil horns has come to light. This brief checklist is a concise guide to separating the deliberate prevarications from the human, all-too-human facts. For brevity's sake, only the most well-known aspects of the legend will be clarified here.
LEGEND: Claimed that "Anton Szandor LaVey" was his genuine birth name.
REALITY: Born "Howard Stanton Levey".
SOURCES: Birth certificate 4/11/1930, Cook County, Illinois. Confirmed by relatives.
LEGEND: Claimed his parents were Joseph and Augusta LaVey.
REALITY: Parents were Michael and Gertrude Levey.
SOURCES: Birth certificate 4/11/1930, Cook County, Illinois. Confirmed by ASL's daughter Zeena and daughter Karla according to her entry on ASL's death certificate.
LEGEND: Claimed he was introduced to the Dark Side by his Transylvanian Gypsy grandmother, who regaled him as a child with supernatural folklore and tales of vampires and werewolves.
REALITY: ASL's grandmother was not Transylvanian nor of Gypsy stock. She was a Ukrainian named Cecile Luba Primokov-Coulton ("Coulton" was Anglicized from "Koltonoff"). Despite his frequent claims, ASL had no Gypsy ancestry.
SOURCES: Relatives, including ASL's parents.
LEGEND: In 1945 the 15-year-old ASL was brought to the ruins of postwar Germany by his uncle, a U.S. Coast Guard officer. There the teenaged ASL was shown top-secret films inspired by Satanic cult lodges and their rituals. ASL claimed that the "German" rituals in his 1972 book The Satanic Rituals were actual transcripts of the filmed rituals he saw as a youth.
REALITY: Young Howard spent the entirety of 1945 in suburban northern California, and never visited Germany at any time in his life. The uncle who he claimed brought him to Germany was incarcerated at McNeill Island Penitentiary for involvement with Al Capone-related criminal activity during 1945, and was never in the armed forces. Allied martial law forbade U.S. citizens from visiting postwar Germany. The "German" rituals in the Satanic Rituals are written in extremely poor, Anglicized German. They are clearly uncredited adaptations of the short story The Hounds of Tindalos by Frank Belknap Long and H.G. Wells' famous novel The Island of Dr. Moreau.
SOURCES: ASL relatives, former wife Diane LaVey, The Hounds of Tindalos, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Satanic Rituals, Church of Satan member Rosalind Herkommer (who translated ASL's rituals into German).
LEGEND: The 15-year-old ASL played second oboe with the San Francisco Ballet Orchestra, making him the youngest musician ever to play with that prestigious institution.
REALITY: There was no "San Francisco Ballet Orchestra" in 1945. The San Francisco Ballet was accompanied by a local orchestra, whose records show that none of its three oboists was named "Levey" or "LaVey".
SOURCES: San Francisco Performing Arts Library & Museum, San Francisco, California.
LEGEND: In 1947 ASL ran away from home and joined the Clyde Beatty Circus. The Circus employed the 17-year-old as a lion tamer. He then replaced the Circus calliope player, accompanying such famous Beatty acts as the Concellos, Harold Alanza, and the Cristianis.
REALITY: The voluminous Beatty archives show no record of a "Levey" or "LaVey" as lion tamer or musician. The Concellos, Alanza, and Cristianis were never Beatty performers; they worked exclusively for the Ringling Brothers Circus.
SOURCES: Beatty 1947 Route Books, Circus World Museum, Baraboo, Wisconsin (Wright, "SD", page 67); ASL relatives.
LEGEND: In 1948 the 18-year-old ASL was engaged to play organ at the Mayan burlesque theater in Los Angeles. There he met a young stripper named Marilyn Monroe, with whom he had a passionate love affair in the period before her rise to film stardom. According to ASL, Monroe had resorted to stripping to pay her rent. As proof of his relationship with Monroe, ASL later showed visitors a copy of Monroe's famous nude calendar inscribed "Dear Tony, How many times have you seen this! Love, Marilyn".
REALITY: ASL never knew Monroe. Monroe intimate Robert Slatzer and Harry Lipton, Monroe's agent in 1948, have exposed and discredited this tale. Lipton paid Monroe's expenses, including her rent. Paul Valentine, director of the Mayan Theater, has stated that the Mayan was never a burlesque theater, and that neither Monroe nor ASL ever worked for the Mayan in any capacity. Diane LaVey, ASL's former wife, has admitted that she forged the "Monroe" inscription on the calendar. ASL's former publicist Edward Webber claims ASL admitted he never knew Monroe.
SOURCES: Diane LaVey, Paul Valentine (Wright, "SD", page #68), Harry Lipton (Aquino-Lipton conversation 12/1/82), Robert Slatzer (letter to Aquino 11/27/82), Edward Webber (interview by Aquino 6/2/91).
LEGEND: ASL was exposed to the savagery of human nature during his stint as a San Francisco Police photographer in the early 1950s.
REALITY: San Francisco Police Department past employment records include no "Howard Levey" nor "Anton LaVey". Frank Moser, who was a SFPD photographer in the early 1950s, said that ASL never worked for the Department.
SOURCES: SFPD records, Frank Moser (Wright, "SD", page 68).
LEGEND: ASL studied criminology at San Francisco City College during the Korean War.
REALITY: SFCC has no record of ASL's enrollment at any time.
SOURCES: SFCC records (Wright, "SD", page 68).
LEGEND: ASL purchased the house at 6114 California Street (which would later become the headquarters of the Church of Satan - the infamous "Black House") because he discovered on first inspection that it was the former brothel of Barbary Coast madam Mammy Pleasant. The house was honeycombed with trapdoors and secret passageways, built by Pleasant to elude police raids.
REALITY: 6114 was ASL's parents' home. It was never a brothel, nor did Mammy Pleasant ever live or work there. ASL's parents first allowed ASL and his first wife Carole to live in the house, then transferred ownership of it to ASL and his second wife Diane in 1971. Such secret passages and hidden rooms that exist were constructed by ASL.
SOURCES: Relatives, San Francisco property records (Michael & Gertrude Levey, Joint Tenancy Grant Deed, July 9, 1971).
LEGEND: In the 1950s ASL traveled to Nice, France, where he recorded an album of organ music under the pseudonym of "Georges Montalba".
REALITY: ASL's first and only trip to France was in the mid-1970s, when his Dutch disciple Maarten Lamers, Amsterdam sex club owner, financed his voyage. The "ASL=Montalba" story appeared in 1989, when a gullible Church of Satan member found a Montalba album and suggested that it was similar to ASL's own music. ASL, never pleased by competition, responded with the preposterous "pseudonym" claim - which is still ardently supported by his posthumous followers.
SOURCES: Diane LaVey, Zeena LaVey.
LEGEND: ASL was the official city organist for San Francisco until 1966, playing for gala events such as government banquets and political meetings.
REALITY: San Francisco has never had an "official city organist". According to ASL's first wife Carole, his only income of $29.91/week was generated by his regular engagement at the "Lost Weekend" nightclub, where he was the house Wurlitzer organist.
SOURCE: Julie Burford, Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, California (Wright, "SD", page 68). Carole LaVey's divorce proceeding records (Wright, "SD", page 68).
LEGEND: On the night of April 30, 1966 (the German Satanic festival of Walpurgisnacht), ASL in a "blinding flash" declared himself the High Priest of Satan, proclaimed that the Age of Satan had begun, and founded the Church of Satan as a religious institution.
REALITY: In 1966 ASL supplemented his income by presenting weekend lectures on exotic and occult topics, and by conducting "Witches' Workshops". He charged $2 a head, filling his living room with the curious and establishing a local reputation as an eccentric. Professional publicist Edward Webber suggested to ASL that he "would never make any money by lecturing on Friday nights for donations ... it would be better to form some sort of church and get a charter from the State of California ... I told Anton at the time that the press was going to flip out over all this and that we would get a lot of notoriety". In the summer of 1966, long after the fictional founding-date invented later, a newspaper article about ASL's lectures offhandedly referred to him as "priest of the Devil's church". This mixture of Webber's idea and the newspaper's characterization resulted in the creation of the Church of Satan as a business and publicity vehicle. Jack Webb, a San Francisco Police investigator who knew ASL from the "Lost Weekend" nightclub, also suggested that he should form a church of some kind to exploit his recondite knowledge.
SOURCES: Edward Webber (interview by Aquino 6/2/91), Jack Webb, Diane LaVey.
LEGEND: ASL's trademark shaved head was the result of a ceremonial head-shaving on April 30, 1966, to formalize his role as High Priest of Satan. This ritual was performed in the tradition of the Yezidi devil-worshipping tribes of Iraq, who were said to have carried out a similar ceremony.
REALITY: ASL shaved his head in the summer of 1966 due to a light-hearted dare from his wife. The "LaVey look" had nothing to do with the Church of Satan founding nor any mystical meaning attached to it later. Nor do Yezidi qawwals (religious teachers) shave their heads.
SOURCES: Diane LaVey; Ethel S. Drower, Peacock Angel, 1941; C.J. Edmonds, A Pilgrimage to Lalish, Royal Asiatic Society, 1967.
LEGEND: In 1966 ASL personally designed the Baphomet emblem of the Church of Satan. He owns the right to this design, claiming it cannot be reproduced without obtaining licensing rights from the Church of Satan.
REALITY: The Baphomet emblem used by the Church of Satan was neither original to it nor created by ASL, hence cannot be trademarked. The original Baphomet dates at least as far back as the medieval Knights Templar. The artwork for the current emblem's goat/pentagram first appears in a 1931 book by Oswald Wirth. The complete emblem with the added circles and "LVYThN" Hebrew letters appears on the cover of a book by Maurice Bessy two years before the creation of the Church of Satan. Early photos of Church activities often show ASL or his disciples using the Bessy book as a photo-prop because of its prominent cover-Baphomet, and he included that book in his Compleat Witch bibliography. The Baphomet, including this rendition of it, is clearly in the public domain.
SOURCES: Oswald Wirth, La fran-maconnerie rendue intelligible a ces adeptes - II, "Le compagnon", Paris: Derry-Livres, 1931, page #60; Maurice Bessy, A Pictorial History of Magic and the Supernatural, London: Spring Books, 1964 [the original edition of this work - Histoire en 1000 images de la magie - was published in 1961 by Editions du Pont Royal]; Thomas H. Hilton, Sex and the Occult, Vol. I, Los Angeles: Centurion Press, 1974;Church of Satan members, The Black Flame (a 1980s Church of Satan magazine).
LEGEND: One of ASL's most widely-accepted falsehoods is his claim that he served as technical advisor for the 1968 Roman Polanski film Rosemary's Baby. ASL also claimed to have played the curiously-uncredited part of the Devil in that film.
REALITY: ASL had no involvement with Rosemary's Baby. Polanski's close friend Gene Gutowski (original producer of the film) stated that there was no technical advisor, nor did ASL ever even meet Polanski. Producer William Castle, who details all aspects of the film's production in his autobiography, never mentions ASL. He does describe Polanski's diligence in basing the film exactly on the Ira Levin novel from which it was adapted, eliminating any need for technical advice. The father of the actress who played Mia Farrow's body-double in the Devil scene recalled that a young, very slender professional dancer played the part, dressed in a small rubber suit. In 1971 this suit was acquired by Studio One Productions in Louisville, Kentucky, for use in a low-budget horror film Asylum of Satan. Michael Aquino, technical advisor for that film, examined the suit and concluded that the 200-pound, 6-foot ASL could not possibly have worn it. [The suit was worn by a girl in the Asylum film.] Not a single member of the cast or crew of Rosemary's Baby has ever mentioned ASL's involvement. In 1968 a San Francisco theater did ask ASL to make an appearance at the film's local opening as a promotional event. This appears to have been ASL's only connection with the film that engendered the 1960s' popular interest in Satanism.
SOURCES: Gene Gutowski; William Castle, Step Right Up! I'm Gonna Scare the Pants off America, New York: Pharos Books, 1992; Diane LaVey, Michael A. Aquino (COS, page #17).
LEGEND: Jayne Mansfield, Hollywood sex symbol and actress, was a card-carrying Satanist and had an affair with ASL.
REALITY: Publicity agent Tony Kent, an associate of Ed Webber, arranged the meeting between Mansfield and ASL as a publicity stunt. ASL was smitten with the actress. Mansfield, who made no secret of her many affairs, denied knowing ASL intimately, and no associate of hers has ever confirmed any supposed romance with ASL. In a 1967 interview she said, "He had fallen in love with me and wanted to join my life with his. It was a laugh." According to ASL's publicist Edward Webber, Mansfield would ridicule her Satanic suitor by calling from her Los Angeles home and seductively teasing him while her friends listened in on the conversation. ASL's public claims that he had an affair with Mansfield began only after Mansfield's death in an automobile accident, which he also claimed was the result of a curse he had placed on her lover Sam Brody.
SOURCES: Edward Webber (interview by Aquino 6/2/91); interview with Mansfield quoted in Jayne Mansfield by May Mann, Pocket Books, 1974.
LEGEND: ASL wrote the Satanic Bible, his principal work, to fulfill his congregation's need for a scriptural guide.
REALITY: The Satanic Bible was conceived as a commercial vehicle by paperback publisher Avon Books. Avon approached ASL for some kind of Satanic work to cash in on the Satanism & witchcraft fad of the late 1960s. Pressed for material to meet Avon's deadline, ASL resorted to plagiarism, assembling extracts from an obscure 1896 tract - Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard into a "Book of Satan" for the SB, and claiming its authorship by himself. [Ironically these MiR passages are the ones most frequently quoted by ASL disciples.] Another third of the SB consists of John Dee's "Enochian Keys", taken directly but again without attribution from Aleister Crowley's Equinox. The SB's "Nine Satanic Statements", one of the Church of Satan's central doctrines, is a paraphrase, again unacknowledged, of passages from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. The last words in the SB - "Yankee Rose" - have been puzzled over for years by readers. "YR" is actually the name of an old popular tune in ASL's nightclub repertoire.
SOURCES: ASL, The Satanic Bible; Ragnar Redbeard, Might is Right, Port Townsend: Loompanics (reprint), 1896; Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged (Galt's speech, ca. pages #936-993); "Yankee Rose" by Sidney Holden & Abe Frankl (Irving Berlin Music, 1926).
LEGEND: ASL claimed that at the height of the Church of Satan's popularity there were hundreds of thousands of formal members.
REALITY: Diane LaVey (who administered the Church as High Priestess 1966-1984), Michael A. Aquino (senior Magister of the Church and Editor of its Cloven Hoof newsletter 1971-1975), and Zeena LaVey (High Priestess of the Church 1985-1990) have all affirmed that the figures claimed by ASL were grossly exaggerated. The membership of the Church of Satan never exceeded 300 individuals, several of whom were nonmember subscribers to the newsletter or ASL friends receiving complimentary mailings.
SOURCES: Diane LaVey, Michael A. Aquino, Zeena LaVey.
LEGEND: ASL claimed to be a multimillionaire, owning three homes in northern California, a convent in Italy, a chateau in France, a fleet of luxury automobiles, a 185-foot yacht, three salvage ships, and other property.
REALITY: During Diane [LaVey] Hegarty's 1988-91 lawsuit against ASL, and ASL's subsequent 1991 filing for bankruptcy, ASL stipulated under oath that he owned nothing more than 50% of the house his parents had given jointly to him and Diane, along with the personal items he kept therein. ASL's final years were subsidized by California state aid. Assessors declared the house to be in such poor repair as to be nearly worthless on the real estate market. Family members have attested to the fact that by the mid-1970s the LaVeys lived in near-poverty, frequently having to rely upon ASL's father's generosity. According to other LaVey relatives, ASL continued to rely on handouts from friends and relatives until the end of his life.
SOURCES: Hegarty v. LaVey (San Francisco Superior Court Case #891863), Anton LaVey Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 (U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern California, Case #91-34251), Zeena LaVey, other relatives.
LEGEND: ASL was a close friend of Sammy Davis, Jr. and inducted him into the Church of Satan.
REALITY: Sammy Davis, Jr. was invited to accept an honorary membership in the Church of Satan by Michael Aquino. After Davis sent Aquino his acceptance on March 17, 1973, he was presented with the honorary membership on April 13, 1973 by Aquino and Karla LaVey alone. ASL did not meet Davis until August 1973.
SOURCES: Davis letter to Aquino 3/17/73; Church of Satan Priesthood Bulletin 4/30/73; Aquino, COS, Chapter 23; Sammy Davis, Hollywood in a Suitcase (pre-publication text, printed in Daily News, New York, 9/11/80), Karla LaVey.
LEGEND: ASL presented himself as a loving family man.
REALITY: ASL violently beat his wife Diane throughout their marriage. In 1984 a police report was made describing Diane being strangled into unconsciousness by ASL, who was in such a murderous rage that his daughter Karla had to pull him off Diane and drag her outside the house to save her life. ASL routinely physically beat and abused those of his female disciples with whom he had sex, forcing them into prostitution as part of his "Satanic counseling" and collecting their earnings. In 1986 ASL was a passive witness to the sexual molestation of his own grandson by a longtime friend who was later convicted of sex crimes with minors. In 1990 ASL informed a mentally-ill stalker of his daughter Zeena of her whereabouts and the time & location of a public appearance she was scheduled to make, deliberately endangering her life.
SOURCES: San Francisco Police records of ASL attack on Diane LaVey, Zeena LaVey, Diane LaVey, Stanton LaVey.
LEGEND: ASL had a deeply affectionate relationship with Togare, his pet lion.
REALITY: While ASL was always careful to portray himself to the public as an animal lover, in private he was cruel to and neglectful of his pets. When he was given Togare as a cub in 1964, he was ill-equipped to deal with such an exotic, wild animal despite his pretensions as a circus lion-tamer. As Togare became larger and more unruly, ASL frequently used an electric cattle prod to hurt and frighten him into submission. Many animal-rights proponents, including Togare's final owner Tippi Hedren, agree that it is detrimental to a wild animal's development to be raised in a domestic environment. ASL was arrested due to Togare's unruly behavior, and ASL was ordered to donate him to the San Francisco Zoo. After complying, ASL made only two visits to Togare. Due to the trauma of his early life, Togare needed special care at the Zoo and at every animal-care facility in which he subsequently lived.
SOURCES: Jack Castor (Lion Keeper, San Francisco Zoo), Diane LaVey, Zeena LaVey, Tippi Hedren (The Cats of Shamballa, McGraw-Hill, 1985).
LEGEND: ASL had a deeply affectionate relationship with his other pets.
REALITY: In the late 1960s ASL acquired a Doberman Pinscher (Loki) as an accent to his "sinister" image. ASL never took the time to housebreak or train Loki, and relegated him to the overgrown and unkempt backyard of the house, regardless of weather. If Loki ever tried to slip into the house for shelter, ASL routinely used Togare's cattle-prod on him to terrify him back outside. In his old age Loki developed such severe arthritis that he could not climb the stairs to the back door to eat, and began wasting away from malnutrition. ASL then gave him to one of his prostitute "students", who at least saw that Loki had a warm, inside home until he died a few months later. During her young childhood ASL's daughter Zeena once awoke late at night to hear slamming sounds and the shrieking of her German Shepherd puppy. Running downstairs, she saw ASL savagely beating the cowering, cornered dog with a wooden plank. When Zeena begged ASL to stop and asked him what the dog had done to deserve such treatment, ASL screamed, "She won't listen to me! I'm going to force her to obey me!" ASL continued beating the dog until her face was covered with her blood, then dropped the plank and left the dog quivering in the hallway, so injured and frightened that she wouldn't let even Zeena come near her. This incident left the dog traumatized for a long time afterwards.
SOURCES: Diane LaVey, Zeena LaVey.
LEGEND: On ASL's original death certificate the date of his demise was recorded as October 31, 1997 (Halloween).
REALITY: An official investigation by the City of San Francisco determined that ASL's actual date of death was October 29, 1997 and that the "Halloween" date had been illegally written on the document.
SOURCES: Death Certificate #380278667, San Francisco Department of Public Health; Dr. Giles Miller (attending physician at ASL's death), Physician's Amendment to Death Certificate, 11/26/97. ____________________
RESEARCH REFERENCES: Wright, Lawrence, "Sympathy for the Devil", Rolling Stone #612, September 5, 1991, Saints and Sinners. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1993. Aquino, Michael A., The Church of Satan. San Francisco: Temple of Set, 1983. We extend our thanks to ASL's relatives and associates who contributed their memories
Odin, Wotan, or Woden is the highest and holiest God of the Northern races. Ruler of the Æsir, God of the runes, inspiration, shamanism, magic and war. Odin is also known as God of the hanged and the Wild Hunt and the God of storm, rain and harvest. He is the all-pervading spirit of the universe, the personification of the air, the God of universal wisdom and victory, and the leader and protector of princes and heroes. As all the Gods are descended from him, he is surnamed Allfather, and as eldest and chief among them he occupies Asgard, the highest seat. Known by the name of Hlidskialf, this chair is not only an exalted throne, but also a mighty watch tower, from whence he could overlook the whole world and see at a glance all that is happening among Gods, giants, elves, dwarfs, and men.
"From the hall of Heaven he rode away
To Lidskialf, and sate upon his throne,
The mount, from whence his eye surveys the world.
And far from Heaven he turn'd his shining orbs
To look on Midgard, and the earth and men."
-BALDER DEAD (Matthew Arnold)
None but Odin and his wife and queen Frigga have the privilege of using this seat, and when they occupy it they generally gaze towards the south and west, the goal of all the hopes and excursions of the Northern nations. Odin is generally represented as a tall, vigorous man, about fifty years of age, either with dark curling hair or with a long gray beard and bald head. He is sometimes clad in a suit of gray, with a blue hood, and his muscular body is enveloped in a wide blue mantle all flecked with gray - an emblem of the sky with its fleecy clouds. In his hand Odin generally carries the infallible spear Gungnir, which is so sacred that an oath sworn upon its point can never be broken, and on his finger or arm he wears the marvelous ring Draupnir, the emblem of fruitfulness, precious beyond compare. When seated upon his throne or armed for the fray, in which he often takes an active part, Odin wears his eagle helmet; but when he wanders about the earth in human guise, to see what men are doing, he generally dons a broad-brimmed hat, drawn down low over his forehead to conceal the fact of his having but one eye.
"Then into the Volsungs' dwelling a mighty man there strode,
One-eyed and seeming ancient, yet bright his visage glowed;
Cloud-blue was the hood upon him, and his kirtle gleaming-gray
As the latter morning sun dog when the storm is on the way
A bill he bore on his shoulder, whose mighty ashen beam
Burnt bright with the flame of the sea and the blended silver's gleam."
-SIGURD THE VOLSUNG (William Morris)
Two ravens, Hugin (thought) and Munin (memory), are perched upon his shoulders as he sits upon his throne, and these he sends out into the wide world every morning, anxiously watching for their return at nightfall, when they whisper into his ears news of all they had seen and heard, keeping him well informed about everything that is happening on earth.
"Hugin and Munin
Fly each day
Over the spacious earth.
I fear for Hugin
That he come not back,
Yet more anxious am I for Munin."
(R. B. Anderson)
At his feet crouch two wolves or hunting hounds, Geri and Freki, which animals are therefore considered sacred to him, and of good omen if met by the way. Odin always feeds these wolves with his own hands from the meat set before him, for he requires no food at all, and seldom tastes anything except the sacred mead.
"Geri and Freki
The war-wont sates,
The triumphant sire of hosts;
But on wine only
The famed in arms
Odin, ever lives."
-LAY OF GRIMNIR (Thorpe's tr.)
When seated in state upon his throne, Odin rests his feet upon a footstool of gold, the work of the Gods, whose furniture and utensils are all fashioned either of that precious metal or of silver.
Besides the magnificent hall Glads-heim, where stands the twelve seats occupied by the Gods when they meet in council, and Valaskialf, where his throne, Hlidskialf, is placed, Odin has a third palace in Asgard, situated in the midst of the marvelous grove Glasir, whose leaves were all of shimmering red gold.
This palace, called Valhalla (the hall of the chosen slain), has five hundred and forty doors, wide enough to allow the passage of eight hundred warriors abreast, and above the principal gate is a boar's head and an eagle whose piercing glance look all over the world. The walls of this marvelous building are fashioned of glittering spears, so highly polished that they illuminate all the hall. The roof is made of golden shields, and the benches are decorated with fine armor, the God's gifts to his guests. Here long tables afford ample accommodations for the warriors fallen in battle, who are called Einheriar, and are considered Odin's favorite guests.
"Easily to be known is,
By those who to Odin come,
The mansion by its aspect.
Its roof with spears is laid,
Its hall with shields is decked,
With corselets are its benches strewed."
-LAY OF GRIMNIR
The ancient Northern nations, who deemed warfare the most honorable of occupations, and considered courage the greatest virtue, worshiped Odin principally as God of battle and victory, and believed that whenever a fight was about to occur he sent out his special attendants, the shield, battle, or wish maidens, called Valkyries (choosers of the slain). They select one half the dead warriors, and bore them on their fleet steeds over the quivering rainbow bridge Bifröst, into his hall, where many honors await them. Welcomed by Odin's sons, Hermod and Bragi, the heroes are then conducted to the foot of Odin's throne, where they receive the praises due their valor. When some special favorite of the God is thus brought into Asgard, Valfather (father of the slain), as Odin is called when he presides over the warriors, sometimes rises from his throne to meet him at the door and himself bid him welcome.
The Feast of the Heroes
Besides the hope of the glory of such a distinction, and the promise of dwelling in Odin's beloved presence day after day, other more material pleasures await the warriors in Valhalla. They are seated around the board, where the beautiful white-armed virgins, the Valkyries, having laid aside their armor and clad themselves in pure white robes, constantly wait upon them. These maidens bring the heroes great horns full of delicious mead, and set before them huge portions of boars' flesh, upon which they feast most heartily. The usual Northern drink was beer or ale, but our ancestors fancied this beverage too coarse for the heavenly sphere. They therefore imagined that Valfather kept his table liberally supplied with mead or hydromel, which was daily furnished in great abundance by his she-goat Heidrun, continually browsing on the tender leaves and twigs on Yggdrasil's topmost branch, Lerad.
"Rash war and perilous battle, their delight;
And immature, and red with glorious wounds,
Unpeaceful death their choice: deriving thence
A right to feast and drain immortal bowls,
In Odin's hall; whose blazing roof resounds
The genial uproar of those shades who fall
In desperate fight, or by some brave attempt."
-LIBERTY (James Thomson)
The meat upon which the Einheriar feast is the flesh of the divine boar Sæhrimnir, a marvelous beast, daily slain by the cook Andhrimnir, and boiled in the great caldron Eldhrimnir; but although Odin's guests have true Northern appetites and fairly gorge themselves, there is always plenty of meat for all.
'Tis the best of flesh;
But few know
What the einherjes eat."
-LAY OF GRIMNIR
Moreover the supply is exhaustless, for the boar always comes to life again before the time for the next meal, when he iss again slain and devoured. This miraculous renewal of supplies in the larder is not the only wonderful occurrence in Valhalla, for it is also related that the warriors, after having eaten and drunk to satiety, always call for their weapons, arm themselves, and ride out into the great courtyard, where they fight against one another, repeating the feats of arms achieved while on earth, and recklessly dealing terrible wounds, which are miraculously and completely healed as soon as the dinner horn is sounded.
"All the chosen guests of Odin
Daily ply the trade of war;
From the fields of festal fight
Swift they ride in gleaming arms,
And gaily, at the board of gods,
Quaff the cup of sparkling ale
And eat Sæhrimni's vaunted flesh."
(W. Taylor's tr.)
Whole and happy once more, - for they bore one another no grudge for the cruel thrusts given and received, and live in perfect amity together, - the Einheriar then ride gaily back to Valhalla to renew their feasts in Odin's beloved presence, while the white-armed Valkyries, with flying hair, glide gracefully about, constantly filling their horns or their favorite drinking vessels while the scalds sing of war and stirring Viking expeditions.
"And all day long they there are hack'd and hewn
'Mid dust, and groans, and limbs lopp'd off, and blood;
But all at night return to Odin's hall
Woundless and fresh; such lot is theirs in Heaven."
-BALDER DEAD (Matthew Arnold)
Thus fighting and feasting, the heroes are said to spend day after day in perfect bliss, while Odin delights in their strength and number, which, however, he foresees will not long avail to ward off his downfall when the day of the last battle dawns.
As such pleasures were the highest a Northern warrior's fancy could paint, it was very natural that all fighting men should love Odin, and early in life should dedicate themselves to his service. They vowed to die arms in hand, if possible, and even wounded themselves with their own spears when death drew near, if they had been unfortunate enough to escape death on the battlefield and were threatened with " straw death," as they called decease from old age or sickness.
"To Odin then true-fast
Carves he fair runics, -
Death-runes cut deep on his arm and his breast."
-VIKING TALES OF THE NORTH
(R. B. Anderson)
In reward for this devotion Odin watches with special care over his favorites, giving them a magic sword, spear, or horse, and making them invincible until their last hour has come, when he himself appears to claim or destroy the gift he has bestowed, and the Valkyries carries them off to Valhalla.
"He gave to Hermod
A helm and corselet,
And from him Sigmund
A sword received."
-LAY OF HYNDLA
Whenever Odin took an active part in war, he generally rode his eight-footed gray steed, Sleipnir, brandished his white shield, and flung his glittering spear over the heads of the combatants, who only awaited this signal to fall upon one another, while the God dashed into their midst shouting his warcry: "Odin has you all!"
"And Odin donn'd
His dazzling corslet and his helm of gold,
And led the way on Sleipnir."
At times he also used his magic bow, from which he shot ten arrows at once, everyone invariably bringing down a foe. Odin is also supposed to inspire his favorite warriors with the renowned "Berserker rage" (bare sark or shirt), which enables them to perform unheard-of feats of valor and strength.
As Odin's characteristics, like the all-pervading elements, are multitudinous, so also are his names, of which he has no less than two hundred, almost all of which are descriptive of some phase of his being. He is also considered the ancient God of seamen and of the wind:
Norsemen hearts we bend to thee!
Steer our barks, all-potent Woden,
O'er the surging Baltic Sea."
The Wild Hunt
Odin, as wind God, generally rode about on his eight-footed steed Sleipnir, a habit which gave rise to the oldest Northern riddle, which runs as follows: "Who are the two who ride to the Thing? Three eyes have they together, ten feet, and one tail; and thus they travel through the lands." And as the souls of the dead were supposed to be wafted away on the wings of the storm, Odin was worshiped as the leader of all disembodied spirits. In this character he was most generally known as the Wild Hunts man, and when people heard the rush and roar of the wind they cried aloud in superstitious fear, fancying they heard and saw him ride past with his train, all mounted on snorting steeds, and accompanied by baying hounds. And the passing of the Wild Hunt, known as Woden's Hunt, the Raging Host, Gabriel's Hounds, or Asgardreia, was also considered a presage of misfortune of some kind, such as pestilence or war.
"The Rhine flows bright; but its waves ere long
Must hear a voice of war,
And a clash of spears our hills among,
And a trumpet from afar;
And the brave on a bloody turf must lie,
For the Huntsman bath gone by!"
-THE WILD HUNTSMAN
To obtain the great wisdom for which he is so famous, Odin, in the morn of time, wandered off to Mimir's (Memor, memory) spring, "the fountain of all wit and wisdom," in whose liquid depths even the future was clearly mirrored, and besought the old man who guarded it to let him have a draught. But Mimir, who well knew the value of such a favor (for his spring was considered the source or headwater of memory), refused to grant it unless Odin would consent to give one of his eyes in exchange.
The God did not hesitate, but immediately plucked out one of his eyes, which Mimir kept in pledge, sinking it deep down into his fountain, where it shone with mild luster, leaving Odin with but one eye, which is considered emblematic of the sun.
"Through our whole lives we strive towards the sun;
That burning forehead is the eye of Odin.
His second eye, the moon, shines not so bright;
It has he placed in pledge in Mimer's fountain,
That he may fetch the healing waters thence,
Each morning, for the strengthening of this eye."
-OEHLENSCHLÄGER (Howitt's tr.)
Drinking deeply of Mimir's fount, Odin gained the knowledge he coveted; and such was the benefit received that he never regretted the sacrifice he had made, but as further memorial of that day broke off a branch of the sacred tree Yggdrasil, which overshadowed the spring, and fashioned from it his beloved spear Gungnir.
"A dauntless god
Drew for drink to its gleam,
Where he left in endless
Payment the light of an eye.
From the world-ash
Ere Wotan went he broke a bough;
For a spear the staff
He split with strength from the stem."
-DUSK OF THE GODS, WAGNER (Forman's tr.)
But although Odin had won all knowledge, he was sad and oppressed, for he had also won an insight into futurity, and had become aware of the transitory nature of all things, and even of the fate of the Gods, who were doomed to pass away. This knowledge so affected his spirits that he ever after wore a melancholy and contemplative expression.
To test the value of the wisdom he had thus obtained, Odin soon went to visit the most learned of all the giants, Vafthrudnir, and entered with him into a contest of wit, in which the stake was nothing less than the loser's head.
"Odin rose with speed, and went
To contend in runic lore
With the wise and crafty jute.
To Vafthrudni's royal hall
Came the mighty king of spells."
(W. Taylor's tr.)
Father of the Gods
As personification of heaven, Odin, of course, was the lover and spouse of the earth, and as it appeared under a threefold aspect, the Northerners, although a chaste race, allotted to him several wives. The first among these was Jörd (Erda), the primitive earth, daughter of Night or of the giantess Fiorgyn. She bore him his famous son Thor, the God of thunder. The second and principal wife was Frigga, a personification of the civilized world. She gave him Balder, the gentle God of spring, Hermod, and, according to some authorities, Tyr. The third wife was Rinda, a personification of the hard and frozen earth, who reluctantly yields to his warm embrace, but finally gives birth to Vali, the emblem of vegetation. Odin is also said to have married Saga or Laga, the Goddess of history (hence our verb "to say"), and to have daily visited her in the crystal hall of Sokvabek, beneath a cool, ever-flowing river, to drink its waters and listen to her songs about olden times and vanished races.
"Sokvabek hight the fourth dwelling;
Over it flow the cool billows;
Glad drink there Odin and Saga
Every day from golden cups."
(R. E. Anderson)
His other wives were Grid, the mother of Vidar; Gunlod, the mother of Bragi; Skadi; and the nine giantesses who simultaneously bore Heimdall - all of whom play more or less important parts in the various myths of the North.
Besides this ancient Odin, there was a more modem, semi-historical personage of the same name, to whom all the virtues, powers, and adventures of his predecessor have been attributed. He was the chief of the Æsir inhabitants of Asia Minor, who, sore pressed by the Romans, and threatened with destruction or slavery, left their native land about 70 B.C., and migrated into Europe. This Odin is said to have conquered Russia, Germany, Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, leaving a son on the throne of each conquered country. He also built the town of Odensö. He was welcomed in Sweden by Gylfi, the king, who made him associate ruler, and allowed him to found the city of Sigtuna, where he built a temple and introduced a new system of worship. Tradition further relates that as his end drew near, this mythical Odin assembled his followers, publicly cut himself nine times in the breast with his spear, - a ceremony called "carving Geir odds," - and told them he was about to return to his native land Asgard, his old home, where lie would await their coming, to share with him a life of feasting, drinking, and fighting.
According to another account, Gylfi, having heard of the power of the Æsir, the inhabitants of Asgard, and wishing to ascertain whether these reports were true, journeyed off to the south. He soon came to Odin's palace, where he was expected, and where lie was deluded by the vision of three divinities, enthroned one above the other, and called Har, Iafn-har, and Thridi. The gatekeeper, Gangler, answered all his questions, gave him a long explanation of Northern mythology, which is recorded in the Younger Edda, and having finished his instructions, suddenly vanished with the palace amid a deafening noise.
According to other very ancient poems, Odin's sons, Weldegg, Beldegg, Sigi, Skiold, Sæming, and Yngvi, became kings of East Saxony, West Saxony, Franconia, Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, and from them are descended the Saxons, Hengist and Horsa, and the royal families of the Northern lands. Still another version relates that Odin and Frigga had seven sons, who founded the Anglo-Saxon heptarchy. In the course of time this mysterious king was confounded with the Odin whose worship he introduced, and all his deeds were attributed to the God.
Odin was worshiped in numerous temples, but especially in the great fane at Upsala, where the most solemn festivals were held, and where sacrifices were offered. The victim was generally a horse, but in times of pressing need human offerings were made, even the king being once offered up to avert a famine.
"Upsal's temple, where the North
Saw Valhal's halls fair imag'd here on earth."
-VIKING TALES OF THE NORTH
(R. B. Anderson)
The first toast at every festival here was drunk in his honor, and, besides the first of May, one day in every week was held sacred to him, and, from his Saxon name, Woden, was called Woden's day, whence the English word "Wednesday" has been derived. It was customary for the people to assemble at his shrine on festive occasions, to hear the songs of the scalds, who were rewarded for their minstrelsy by the gift of golden bracelets or armlets, which curled up at the ends and were called "Odin's serpents."
There are but few remains of ancient Northern art now extant, and although rude statues of Odin were once quite common they have all disappeared, as they were made of wood - a perishable substance, which in the hands of the missionaries and especially of Olaf the Saint, the Northern iconoclast, was soon reduced to ashes.
"There in the Temple, carved in wood,
The image of great Odin stood."
-SAGA OF KING OLAF (Longfellow)
Odin himself is supposed to have given his people a code of laws whereby to govern their conduct, in a poem called Hávamal, or the High Song, which forms part of the Edda. In this lay he taught the fallibility of man, the necessity for courage, temperance, independence, and truthfulness, respect for old age, hospitality, charity, and contentment, and gave instructions for the burial of the dead.
"At home let a man be cheerful,
And toward a guest liberal;
Of wise conduct he should be,
Of good memory and ready speech;
If much knowledge he desires,
He must often talk on what is good."
-HÁVAMÁL (Thorpe's tr.)
1.In all that you do, always consider its benefit or harm upon yourself, your children and your folk.
2.All that which you do will return to you, sooner or later, for good or for ill. Thus strive always to do good to others, or at least strive always to be just.
3.Be honest with yourself, and with others, "This above all; to thine own self be trú."
4.Humankind, and especially your own family and folk, has the spark of divinity within it! Protect and nurture that spark.
5.Give your word sparingly and adhere to it like iron... Break no oath!
6.In life, your first trust and responsibility should always be to your own folk and people. Yet, be kind and proper to others when possible.
7.What you have, hold!
8.Pass on to others only those words which you have personally verified.
9.Be honest with others and let them know that you expect honesty in return.
10.The fury of the moment plays folly with the truth; To keep one's head is a virtue.
11.Know which battles should be fought, and which battles should be avoided. Also, know when to break off a conflict. There are times when the minions of chaos are simply too strong, or when fate is absolutely unavoidable.
12.When you gain power, use it carefully and use it well.
13.Courage and honor endure forever. Their echoes remain when the mountains have crumbled to dust.
14.Pledge friendship and your services to those who are worthy! Strengthen others of your people and they will strengthen you.
15.Love and care for your family always, and have the fierceness of a wolf in their protection.
16.Honor yourself, have pride in yourself, do your best and forgive yourself when you must.
17.Try always to be above reproach in the eyes of the world.
18.Those of your people should always endeavor to settle any differences among themselves quietly and peaceably.
19.If the laws of the land are beneficial to the folk and family, they should be obeyed.
20.Have pride in yourself, your family and your folk. They are your promise for the future.
21.Do not neglect your mate and children.
22.Every one of our people should work according to the best that he/she can do, no matter how small or great. We are all in this world together, thus we must always help each other along.
23.One advances individually and collectively only by living in harmony with the natural order of the world.
24.The seeking of wisdom is a high virtue. Love of truth, honor, courage and loyalty are the hallmarks of the noble soul, (AEthling).
25.Be prepared for whatever the future brings.
26.Life, with all its joys, struggles and ambiguities is to be embraced and lived to the fullest.
1.The Code is to Honor
Honor yourself with truth and fairness. Your word is your bond, give your word power by adhering to it. Honor your family and friends with reverence and respect. Honor your love and the Way above all else. Honor is the mark of strength and nobility.
2.The Code is to Protect
Protect with savagery your blood and kin. Let no one or no thing violate your love or way. Let there always be inequity in defense. Always protect thrice as fiercely as one is attacked. Protection is the mark of a warrior spirit.
3.The Code is to Flourish
Prosperity and growth are key to the survival of the way. Such is the mark of intelligence.
4.The Code is Knowledge
Knowledge is power. Seek ever to expand the mind. Never stagnate, for knowledge is a gift from the Gods.
5.The Code is Change
Adapting and changing are important for growth and survival. That which cannot adapt or change is doomed to perish. Change is the mark of insight.
6.The Code is Fairness
Pay all debts, pull your own weight, always hear and consider all sides. Treat all others with equity and fairness. Expect the same.
7.The Code is Balance
Remember the Law of balance; All that which you do or wish for, good or ill, shall return to you one day. Strive for the good.
8.The Code is Control
Never loose control to anger or be baited by hostility. Never strike a woman unless your life hangs in the balance. Never violate the weak or innocent.
Never tolerate those who do. Control is the mark of a disciplined mind, a sign of the greatest of warriors.
9.The Code is Conflict
Those who follow the way must know the art of combat, weapons and vengeance. War is part of the path. Always be prepared for hostility. It is a destiny woven into the fibers of our people. Keep body, mind and training up at all times. Have no remorse in the savagery of conflict. Win, prevail and survive.
1. Honor no other Gods but the Gods of your own Folk as alien gods destroy you.
2. Nature’s Laws evidence the Divine Plan, as the natural world is the work of All-Father.
3. Act nobly and courageously, always carefully considering the consequences, as the effects of your deeds live on after you pass from Midgard.
4. Live within the reality of this life; fear not your fate, as fear is for fools and cowards. A valorous man boldly faces what the Norns decree.
5. Love, protect, reproduce, and advance your Folk; as natural instinct prohibits miscegenation and self destruction.
6. Be honest, be disciplined, be productive and loyal to friends, as the Aryan spirit strives for excellence in all things.
7. Treasure your history, your heritage, and racial identity as your ancestors have entrusted. It falls with you, it will rise with you.
8. Honor the memory of your kith and kin, especially those who have given their lives or freedom for the Folk, as your race lives on through your blood and your will.
9. Respect the wisdom of your elders, as every moment of your lives links the infinite past with the infinite future.
10. Honor your mate, provide for your children, and carry no quarrel with family to sleeptime, as family is your purpose and fulfillment.
11. May your word to a kinsmen be a Bond of Steel, as your troth is your dignity and strength of character.
12. Be cunning as the fox with enemies and Skraelings, as their goal is your extinction.
13. Secure, Defend, and Cherish your homeland as Nature’s Territorial Imperative demands.
14. Live in harmony with Nature and the Folk, and compromise not with evil; as racial survival is your perpetual struggle.
1) All door-ways, before going forward, should be looked to; for difficult it is to know where foes may sit within a dwelling.
2) Givers, hail! A guest is come in: where shall he sit? In much haste is he, who on the ways has to try his luck.
3) Fire is needful to him who is come in, and whose knees are frozen; food and raiment a man requires, whoe'er the fell has traveled.
4) Water to him is needful who for refection comes, a towel and hospitable invitation, a good reception; if he can get it, discourse and answer.
5) Wit is needful to him who travels far: at home all is easy. A laughing-stock is he who nothing knows, and with the instructed sits.
6) Of his understanding no one should be proud, but rather in conduct cautious. When the prudent and taciturn come to a dwelling, harm seldom befalls the cautious; for a firmer friend no man ever gets than great sagacity.
7) A wary guest, who to refection comes, keeps a cautious silence, with his ears listens, and with his eyes observes: so explores every prudent man.
8) He is happy, who for himself obtains fame and kind words: less sure is that which a man must have in another's breast.
9) He is happy, who in himself possesses fame and wit while living; for bad counsels have oft been received from another's breast.
10) A better burthen no man bears on the way than much good sense; that is thought better than riches in a strange place; such is the recourse of the indigent.
11) A worse provision on the way he cannot carry than too much beer-bibbing; so good is not, as it is said, beer for the sons of men.
12) A worse provision no man can take from table than too much beer-bibbing: for the more he drinks the less control he has of his own mind.
13) Oblivion's heron 'tis called that over potations hovers; he steals the minds of men. With this bird's pinions I was fettered in Gunnlods dwelling.
14) Drunk I was, I was over-drunk, at that cunning Fialar's. It's the best drunkenness, when everyone after it regains his reason.
15) Taciturn and prudent, and in war daring, should a king's children be; joyous and generous everyone should be until his hour of death.
16) A cowardly man thinks he will ever live, if warfare he avoids; but old age will give him no peace, though spears may spare him.
17) A fool gapes when to a house he comes, to himself mutters or is silent; but all at once, if he gets drink, then is the man's mind displayed.
18) He alone knows who wanders wide, and has much experienced, by what disposition each man is ruled, who common sense possesses.
19) Let a man hold the cup, yet of the mead drink moderately, speak sensibly or be silent. As of a fault no man will admonish thee, if thou goest betimes to sleep.
20) A greedy man, if he be not moderate, eats to his mortal sorrow. Often time his belly draws laughter on a silly man, who among the prudent comes.
21) Cattle know when to go home, and then from grazing cease; but a foolish man never knows his stomach's measure.
22) A miserable man, and ill-conditioned, sneers at everything: one thing he knows not, which he ought to know, that he is not free from faults.
23) A foolish man is all night awake, pondering over everything; he then grows tired; and when morning comes all is lament as before.
24) A foolish man thinks all who on him smile to be his friends; he feels it not, although they speak ill of him, when he sits among the clever.
25) A foolish man thinks all who speak him fair to be his friends; but he will find, if into court he comes, that he has few advocates.
26) A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put.
27) A foolish man who among people comes, had best be silent; for no one knows that he knows nothing, unless he talks too much. He who previously know nothing will still know nothing, talk he ever so much.
28) He thinks himself wise, who can ask questions and converse also; conceal his ignorance no one can, because it circulates among men.
29) He utters too many futile words who is never silent; a garrulous tongue, if it be not checked, sings often to its own harm.
30) For a gazing-stock no man shall have another, although he come a stranger to his house. Many a one thinks himself wise, if he is not questioned, and can sit in a dry habit.
31) Clever thinks himself the guest who jeers a guest, if he takes to flight. Knows it not certainly he who prates at meat, whether he babbles among foes.
32) Many men are mutually well-disposed, yet at table will torment each other. That strife will ever be; guest will guest irritate.
33) Early meals a man should often take, unless to a friend's house he goes; else he will sit and mope, will seem half-famished, and can of few things enquire.
34) Long is and indirect the way to a bad friend's, though by the road he dwell; but to a good friend's the paths lie direct, though he be far away.
35) A guest should depart, not always stay in one place. The welcome becomes unwelcome, if he too long continues in another's house.
36) One's own house is best, small though it be; at home is every one his own master. Though he but two goats possesses, and a straw-thatched cot, even that is better than begging.
37) One's own house is best, small though it be, at home is every one his own master. Bleeding at heart is he, who has to ask for food at every meal-tide.
38) Leaving in the field his arms, let no man go a foot's length forward; for it is hard to know when on the way a man may need his weapon.
39) I have never found a man so bountiful, or so hospitable that he refused a present; or of his property so liberal that he scorned a recompense.
40) Of the property which he has gained no man should suffer need; for the hated oft is spared what for the dear was destined. Much goes worse than is expected.
41) With arms and vestments friends should each other gladden, those which are in themselves most sightly. Givers and requiters are longest friends, if all [else] goes well.
42) To his friend a man should be a friend, and gifts with gifts requite. Laughter with laughter men should receive, but leasing with lying.
43) To his friend a man should be a friend; to him and to his friend; but of his foe no man shall the friend's friend be.
44) Know, if thou hast a friend whom thou fully trustest, and from whom thou would'st good derive, thou shouldst blend thy mind with his, and gifts exchange, and often go to see him.
45) If thou hast another, whom thou little trustest, yet would'st good from him derive, thou shouldst speak him fair, but think craftily, and leasing pay with lying.
46) But of him yet further, whom thou little trustest, and thou suspectest his affection; before him thou shouldst laugh, and contray to thy thoughts speak; requital should the gift resemble.
47) I was once young, I was journeying alone, and lost my way; rich I thought myself, when I met another. Man is the joy of man.
48) Generous and brave men live best, they seldom cherish sorrow; but a base-minded man dreads everything; the niggardly is uneasy even at gifts.
49) My garments in a field I gave away to two wooden men: heroes they seemed to be, when they got cloaks: exposed to insult is a naked man.
50) A tree withers that on a hill-top stands; protects it neither bark nor leaves: such is the man whom no one favours: why should he live long?
51) Hotter than fire love for five days burns between false friends; but is quenched when the sixth day comes, and friendship is all impaired.
52) Something great is not [always] to be given, praise is often for a trifle bought. With half a loaf and a tilted vessel I got myself a comrade.
53) Little are the sand-grains, little the wits, little the minds of [some] men; for all men are not wise alike: men are everywhere halves.
54) Moderately wise should each one be, but never over-wise: of those men the lives are fairest, who know much well.
55) Moderately wise should each one be, but never over-wise; for a wise man's heart is seldom glad, if he is all-wise who owns it.
56) Moderately wise should each one be, but never over-wise. His destiny let know no man beforehand; his mind will be freest from care.
57) Brand burns from brand until it is burnt out; fire is from fire quickened. Man to man becomes known by speech, but a fool by his bashful silence.
58) He should early rise, who another's property or life desires to have. Seldom a sluggish wolf gets prey, or a sleeping man victory.
59) Early should rise he who has few workers, and go his work to see to; greatly is he retarded who sleeps the morn away. Wealth half depends on energy.
60) Of dry planks and roof-shingles a man knows the measure; of the fire-wood that may suffice, both measure and time.
61) Washed and refected let a man ride to the Althing, although his garments be not too good; of his shoes and breeches let no one be ashamed, nor of his horse, although he have not a good one.
62) Enquire and impart should every man of sense, who will be accounted sage. Let one only know, a second may not; if three, all the world knows.
63) Gasps and gapes, when to the sea he comes, the eagle over old ocean; so is a man, who among many comes, and has few advocates.
64) His power should every sagacious man use with discretion; for he will find, when among the bold he comes, that no one alone is doughtiest.
65) Circumspect and reserved every man should be, and wary in trusting friends. Of the words that a man says to another he often pays the penalty.
66) Much too early I came to many places, but too late to others: the beer was drunk, or not ready: the disliked seldom hits the moment.
67) Here and there I should have been invited, if I a meal had needed; or two hams had hung, at that true friend's where of one I had eaten.
68) Fire is best among the sons of men, and the sight of the sun, if his health a man can have, with a life free from vice.
69) No man lacks everything, although his health be bad: one in his sons is happy, one in his kin, one in abundant wealth, one in his good works.
70) It is better to live, even to live miserably; a living man can always get a cow. I saw fire consume the rich man's property, and death stood without his door.
71) The halt can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle; the deaf fight and be useful: to be blind is better than to be burnt: no one gets good from a corpse.
72) A son is better, even if born late, after his father's departure. Gravestones seldom stand by the way-side unless raised by a kinsman to a kinsman.
73) Two are adversaries: the tongue is the bane of the head: under every cloak I expect a hand.
74) At night is joyful he who is sure of traveling entertainment. [A ship's yards are short.] Variable is an autumn night. Many are the weather's changes in five days, but more in a month.
75) He [only] knows not who knows nothing, that many a one apes together. One man is rich, another poor: let him not be thought blameworthy.
76) Cattle die, kinsmen die, we ourselves also die; but the fair fame never dies of him who has earned it.
77) Cattle die, kinsmen die, we ourselves also die; but I know one thing that never dies, -- judgment on each one dead.
78) Full storehouses I saw at Dives' sons': now bear they the beggar's staff. Such are riches; as is the twinkling of an eye: of friends they are most fickle.
79) A foolish man, if he acquires wealth or woman's love, pride grows within him, but wisdom never: he goes on more and more arrogant.
80) Then 'tis made manifest, if of runes thou questionest him, those to the high ones known, which the great powers invented, and the great talker [Wotan] painted, that he had best hold silence.
81) At eve the day is to be praised, a woman after she is burnt, a sword after it is proved, a maid after she is married, ice after it has passed away, beer after it is drunk.
82) In the wind one should hew wood, in a breeze row out to sea, in the dark talk with a lass: many are the eyes of day. In a ship voyages are to be made, but a shield is for protection, a sword for striking, but a damsel for a kiss.
83) By the fire one should drink beer, on the ice slide; buy a horse that is lean, a sword that is rusty; feed a horse at home, but a dog at the farm.
84) In a maiden's words no one should place faith, nor in what a woman says; for on a turning wheel have their hearts been formed, and guile in their breasts been laid;
85) In a creaking bow, a burning flame, a yawning wolf, a chattering crow, a grunting swine, a rootless tree, a waxing wave, a boiling kettle,
86) A flying dart, a falling billow, a one night's ice, a coiled serpent, a woman's bed-talk, or a broken sword, a bear's play, or a royal child,
87) A sick calf, a self-willed thrall, a flattering prophetess, a corpse newly slain, [a serene sky, a laughing lord, a barking dog, and a harlot's grief];
88) An early sown field let no one trust, nor prematurely in a son: weather rules the field, and wit the son, each of which is doubtful;
89) A brother's murderer, though on the high road met, a half-burnt house, an over-swift horse, (a horse is useless, if a leg be broken), no man is so confiding as to trust any of these.
90) Such is the love of women, who falsehood meditate, as if one drove not rough-shod, on slippery ice, a spirited two-years old and unbroken horse; or as in a raging storm a helmless ship is beaten; or as if the halt were set to catch a reindeer in the thawing fell.
91) Openly I now speak, because I both sexes know: unstable are men's minds towards women; 'tis then we speak most fair when we most falsely think: that deceives even the cautious.
92) Fair shall speak, and money offer, who would obtain a woman's love. Praise the form of a fair damsel; he gets who courts her.
93) At love should no one ever wonder in another: a beauteous countenance oft captivates the wise, which captivates not the foolish.
94) Let no one wonder at another's folly, it is the lot of many. All-powerful desire makes of the sons of men fools even of the wise.
95) The mind only knows what lies near the heart, that alone is conscious of our affections. No disease is worse to a sensible man than not to be content with himself.
96) That I experienced, when in the reeds I sat, awaiting my delight. Body and soul to me was that discreet maiden: nevertheless I possess her not.
97) Billing's lass on her couch I found, sun-bright, sleeping. A prince's joy to me seemed naught, if not with that form to live.
98) "Yet nearer eve must thou, Wotan, come, if thou wilt talk the maiden over; all will be disastrous, unless we alone are privy to such misdeed."
99) I returned, thinking to love, at her wise desire. I thought I should obtain her whole heart and love.
100) When next I came the bold warriors were all awake, with lights burning, and bearing torches: thus was the way to pleasure closed.
101) But at the approach of morn, when again I came, the household all was sleeping; the good damsel's dog alone I found tied to the bed.
102) Many a fair maiden, when rightly known, towards men is fickle: that I experienced, when that discreet maiden I strove to seduce: contumely of every kind that wily girl heaped upon me; nor of that damsel gained I aught.
103) At home let a man be cheerful, and towards a guest generous; of wise conduct he should be, of good memory and ready speech; if much knowledge he desires, he must often talk on good.
104) Fimbulfambi he is called who little has to say: such is the nature of the simple.
105) The old Jotun I sought; now I am come back: little got I there by silence; in many words I spoke to my advantage in Suttung's halls.
106) Gunnlod gave me, on her golden seat, a draught of the precious mead; a bad recompense I afterwards made her, for her whole soul, her fervent love.
107) Rati's mouth I caused to make a space, and to gnaw the rock; over and under me were the Jotun's ways: thus I my head did peril.
108) Of a well-assumed form I made good use: few things fail the wise; for Odhraerir is now come up to men's earthly dwellings.
109) 'Tis to me doubtful that I could have come from the Jotun's courts, had not Gunnlod aided me, that good damsel, over whom I laid my arm.
110) On the day following came the Hrim-thursar, to learn something of the High One, in the High One's hall: after Bolverk they enquired, whether he with the gods were come, or Suttung had destroyed him?
111) Wotan, I believe, a ring-oath gave. Who in his faith will trust? Suttung defrauded, of his drink bereft, and Gunnlod made to weep!
112) Time 'tis to discourse from the preacher's chair. By the well of Urd I silent sat, I saw and meditated, I listened to men's words.
113) Of runes I heard discourse, and of things divine, nor of graving them were they silent, nor of sage counsels, at the High One's hall. In the High One's hall. I thus heard say:
114) I counsel thee, Loddfafnir, to take advice: thou wilt profit if thou takest it. Rise not at night, unless to explore, or art compelled to go out.
115) I counsel thee, Loddfafnir, to take advice, thou wilt profit if thou takest it. In an enchantress' embrace thou mayest not sleep, so that in her arms she clasp thee.
116) She will be the cause that thou carest not for Althing or prince's words; food thou wilt shun and human joys; sorrowful wilt thou go to sleep.
117) I counsel thee, etc. Another's wife entice thou never to secret converse.
118) I counsel thee, etc. By fell or firth if thou have to travel, provide thee well with food.
119) I counsel thee, etc. A bad man let thou never know thy misfortunes; for from a bad man thou never wilt obtain a return for thy good will.
120) I saw mortally wound a man a wicked woman's words; a false tongue caused his death, and most unrighteously.
121) I counsel thee, etc. If thou knowest thou hast a friend, whom thou well canst trust, go oft to visit him; for with brushwood over-grown, and with high grass, is the way that no one treads.
122) I counsel thee, etc. A good man attract to thee in pleasant converse; and salutary speech learn while thou livest.
123) I counsel thee, etc. With thy friend be thou never first to quarrel. Care gnaws the heart, if thou to no one canst thy whole mind disclose.
124) I counsel thee, etc. Words thou never shouldst exchange with a witless fool;
125) For from an ill-conditioned man thou wilt never get a return for good; but a good man will bring thee favour by his praise.
126) There is a mingling of affection, where one can tell another all his mind. Everything is better than being with the deceitful. He is not another's friend who ever says as he says.
127) I counsel thee, etc. Even in three words quarrel not with a worse man: often the better yields, when the worse strikes.
128) I counsel thee, etc. Be not a shoemaker, nor a shaftmaker, unless for thyself it be; for a shoe if ill made, or a shaft if crooked, will call down evil on thee.
129) I counsel thee, etc. Wherever of injury thou knowest, regard that injury as thy own; and give to thy foes no peace.
130) I counsel thee, etc. Rejoiced at evil be thou never; but let good give thee pleasure.
131) I counsel thee, etc. In a battle look not up, (like swine the sons of men then become) that men may not fascinate thee.
132) If thou wilt induce a good woman to pleasant converse, thou must promise fair, and hold to it: no one turns from good if it can be got.
133) I enjoin thee to be wary, but not over wary; at drinking be thou most wary, and with another's wife; and thirdly that thieves delude thee not.
134) With insult or derision treat thou never a guest or wayfarer. They often little know, who sit within, of what race they are who come.
135) Vices and virtues the sons of mortals bear in their breasts mingled; no one is so good that no failing attends him, nor so bad as to be good for nothing.
136) At a hoary speaker laugh thou never; often is good that which the aged utter, oft from a shriveled hide discreet words issue; from those whose skin is pendent and decked with scars, and who go tottering among the vile.
137) I counsel thee, etc. Rail not at a guest, nor from thy gate thrust him; treat well the indigent; they will speak well of thee.
138) Strong is the bar that must be raised to admit all. Do thou give a penny, or they will call down on thee every ill in thy limbs.
139) I counsel thee, etc. Wherever thou beer drinkest, invoke to thee the power of earth; for earth is good against drink, fire for distempers, the oak for constipation, a corn-ear for sorcery, a hall for domestic strife. In bitter hates invoke the moon; the biter for bite-injuries is good; but runes against calamity; fluid let earth absorb.
140) I know that I hung, on a wind-rocked tree, nine whole nights, with a spear wounded, and to Wotan offered, myself to myself; on that tree, of which no one knows from what root it springs.
141) Bread no one gave me, nor a horn of drink, downward I peered, to runes applied myself, wailing learnt them, then fell down thence.
142) Potent songs nine from the famed son I learned of Bolthorn, Bestla's sire, and a draught obtained of the precious mead, drawn from Odhraerir.
143) Then I began to bear fruit, and to know many things, to grow and well thrive: word by word I sought out words, fact by fact I sought out facts.
144) Runes thou wilt find, and explained characters, very large characters, very potent characters, which the great speaker depicted, and the high powers formed, and the powers' prince graved:
145) Odin among the Aesir, but among the Alfar, Dain, and Dvalin for the dwarfs, Asvid for the Jotuns: some I myself graved.
146) Knowest thou how to grave them? Knowest thou how to expound them? Knowest thou how to depict them? Knowest thou how to prove them? Knowest thou how to pray? Knowest thou how to offer? Knowest thou how to send? Knowest thou how to consume?
147) 'Tis better not to pray than too much offer; a gift ever looks to a return. 'Tis better not to send than too much consume. So Thund graved before the origin of men, where he ascended, to whence he afterwards came.
148) Those songs I know which the king's wife knows not nor son of man. Help the first is called, for that will help thee against strifes and cares.
149) For the second I know, what the sons of men require, who will as leeches live.
150) For the third I know, if I have great need to restrain my foes, the weapons' edge I deaden: of my adversaries nor arms nor wiles harm aught.
151) For the fourth I know, if men place bonds on my limbs, I so sing that I can walk; the fetter starts from my feet, and the manacle from my hands.
152) For the fifth I know, if I see a shot from a hostile hand, a shaft flying amid the host, so swift it cannot fly that I cannot arrest it, if only I get sight of it.
153) For the sixth I know, if one wounds me with a green tree's roots; also if a man declares hatred to me, harm shall consume them sooner than me.
154) For the seventh I know, if a lofty house I see blaze o'er its inmates, so furiously it shall not burn that I cannot save it. That song I can sing.
155) For the eighth I know, what to all is useful to learn: where hatred grows among the sons of men -- that I can quickly assuage.
156) For the ninth I know, if I stand in need my bark on the water to save, I can the wind on the waves allay, and the sea lull.
157) For the tenth I know, if I see troll-wives sporting in air, I can so operate that they will forsake their own forms, and their own minds.
158) For the eleventh I know, if I have to lead my ancient friends to battle, under their shields I sing, and with power they go safe to the fight, safe from the fight; safe on every side they go.
159) For the twelfth I know, if on a tree I see a corpse swinging from a halter, I can so grave and in runes depict, that the man shall walk, and with me converse.
160) For the thirteenth I know, if on a young man I sprinkle water, he shall not fall, though he into battle come: that man shall not sink before swords.
161) For the fourteenth I know, if in the society of men I have to enumerate the gods, Aesir and Alfar, I know the distinctions of all. This few unskilled can do.
162) For the fifteenth I know what the dwarf Thiodreyir sang before Delling's doors. Strength he sang to the Aesir, and to the Alfar prosperity, wisdom to Hroptatyr.
163) For the sixteenth I know, if a modest maiden's favour and affection I desire to possess, the soul I change of the white-armed damsel, and wholly turn her mind.
164) For the seventeenth I know, that that young maiden will reluctantly avoid me. These songs, Loddfafnir! thou wilt long have lacked; yet it may be good if thou understandest them, profitable if thou learnest them.
165) For the eighteenth I know that which I never teach to maid or wife of man, (all is better what one only knows. This is the closing of the songs) save her alone who clasps me in her arms, or is my sister.
166) Now are sung the High-one's songs, in the High-one's hall, to the sons of men all-useful, but useless to the Jotun's sons. Hail to him who has sung them! Hail to him who knows them! May he profit who has learnt them! Hail to those who have listened to them!
I've been trying to understand certain things. Feeling very frustrated right now. So in hopes that maybe someone here reads this and can help me come to some kind of understanding on things I decided to post a blog.
I know I haven't made it to any meetings, and I am sorry about that. (with working mornings it is hard because my body clock has gone into that mode of trying to sleep earlier). Please pardon my venting here, I mean no disrespect to anyone here..Just been it seems carring these feelings around for awhile now.
1) I have always had such a hard time sleeping during the night, now is that just me or is it because of being Vampire? Or maybe both. I have a easier time sleeping during the day, but unfortunetly I don't get the chance to often enough..Also the dreams are so intense/messed up. Visions of the past lives, sometimes it really bothers me to see what I am. Makes me so tired..
2) I find sometimes that other Vampires ( not here) but in other area's really frustrate me. They say they are tired of feeling alone, are happy to find a place to be themselves but on the same note they just won't talk to anyone. So I wonder what was their point in searching for others if they had no intention of learning,talking to others? I know ( I am one of them) that has to keep it hiden from my "human" family about me being Vampire, they would never understand what it really means to be Vampire. And it is damn hard. No one likes to have to live in a sense two lives but most of us are forced to or end up being more alone then ever. Just trying to understand how to help someone who doesn't even wish to try?
3) I hope that I am not coming across as a "bad Vampire" but I find that my patience for the Mudanes is becoming less and less. Some of the things they do just make me shake my head and think "what were you thinking, are you that stupid". No one is perfect, but there are times that the thought of spending one more minute around them makes me sick. All their "power and knowledge" isn't S***, they have no idea what they have done to themselves, to Mother Earth, to our sky's, air,sea's,animals. They have no idea what could happen to their all and mighty race.
I yearn so much to be away from them all, to find a nice quiet place up in the woods away from all the noise,the hussle and bussle of "life here". And I have felt alone for most of my life here, all I ever really wanted was to have a sense of family. To be apart of something beautiful,true,real. I am so VERY thankful for my husband, he keeps me or at least he tries to keep me grounded..
Hope I haven't offended anyone here with my ranting, just really needed to find a place that I could express how I am feeling , in the hopes that someone here might understand.
I feel so tired of it all.
Many Dark Blessings Angel
I'm sure you have all seen the Infamous supposed "Jesus Fish" but Why a fish and not a sheep or lamb since he is called the "lamb of God (Yahweh)" and Shepperd of His Children. I think it would make more sence...
What most people don't understand is that the Fish is actually a Sumerian Symbol (God) and also a Pagan Symbol representing the "womb of the Goddess". It seems the old Catholic church likes to take Pagan symbols and Holidays and make them christian to convert them. (I have a Big post on that coming later)...
Just to name a few:
1. Christmas Tree
2. Jesus Fish
3. Most all of the Holidays where converted to Pagan Events and Jesus was actually born in the summer Time and you will not find any ever greens in Jerusalem.
4. The Older Jewish System used the Pentagram to represent Adam or mankind which is why I use the inverted Pentagram to Represent Other kin or Vampyres (Spirit Kind)...
5. Catholicism and Wicca are extremely Similar because they used it to convert the Pagans with Mother Mary representing the Goddess and the Saints representing there Gods which the pray too...
© Founding Father J P Vanir ChrstVampyr of
Temple United Vampyrian Unitarian Pagan
The thin line between two contradicing things, like trying to walk between the ocean and a forestfire. Moch like the rope of a tightwire. Would you rather be the mouse in the lions mouth, or the lion eating the mouse? doesnt leave much of a place to comprimise
For the past few months, me and my family are going through some health and other troubles. So can you all send good postive energy for my family and me.
The New Year is almost here and the old year is almost gone. It always seem that around this time of the year, we have a lot to think about. Our pass and our future. For most of us, we think about our failures of what went wrong and maybe what we could have done. Well, the pass is gone and there is nothing that we can do about that. but there is something that we can do for the future. As far as our pass we learn from our mistakes in life and we keep going. As I look around, I do realize we are living in hard time's. The one thing that I can say is to never give up. Our path is what we choose it to be when it is all said and done. Live for today. As the holiday come and go. Live life to the fullest. Enjoy what you have. Love your family and friends. Love nature and most of love yourself. When you can look beyond the madness of your life, you will find it is not as bad as it may seem to be. No know what there future could truly be. But if we keep our eyes on positive things in life. Perhaps our days to come will be a better year for us. I want to say Happy Holiday to everyone and the I love you all
Rev. AhramDurga :)